the Rift

do you want to call it intuition?

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Adonis, the mare would grasp the name, testing it out within her devious mind a few times before being assured that she would recall it should they cross paths again. Mild interest was shown as the steed continued speaking, a single brow raising curiously as he admitted to weaving a false tale beforehand. It wasn’t that the mare and dragon pair knew, more that he seemed to be the sort of stallion who did have a story to tell. Most who arrived at Helovia were running, fleeing from something, whether a dark past or merely moving on, but the stallion’s previous story was so dull and lifeless, and he spoke it in such a detached manner that Mirage did have to wonder at its truthfulness.

But he weaved a story now that was heartfelt, the emotions playing across his façade as he intoned particular names and actions spoke league more than the bland regurgitation of words he tried to give her earlier. Silently the mare listened, and accepted his story – she even almost felt sorry for him. His actions were made in the name of love, and love was something Mirage thought she understood, maybe a little better than most. Maybe not, she thought wryly, but then she was educated enough on how emotions affected individuals to know that love was a potent force not to the toyed with.

“You acted out of love, Adonis, as did your beloved. There is nothing to forgive, in my eyes.”

Her words were deliberate, spoken in a hushed whisper that articulated the wisdom the mare possessed behind those fathomless golden eyes. “It is a shame Sheila could not join you on your journey here.” Sadness for his plight was conveyed through her clear voice, but she pushed onwards with her speech. “But you know now that she is alive, and as long as that is the case, so too is her love for you – cherish that, Adonis, for though it often seems like a curse, love is a gift.” The mare was not accustomed to shedding her thoughts on the plight of complete strangers so easily, but her voice rolled easily off her tongue, it probably appeared as if she was well practised indeed at offering such advice to such impossible situations. Having been in a number of impossible situations herself, perhaps she was suitable for the task after all.

“If a purpose is truly what you seek I may be able to offer you one.” It was after a pause, so that her words beforehand could sink in a little deeper. “My kin label themselves the Qian, and call me their WeyrLeader – we are pledged to protect each other and in turn be protected.” Another pause, so that she might gauge his reaction to her proposal.

“I am devoted to the Qian just as you were to Sheila.” She said quietly, trying to get the point across that her followers were not just any random band of friends that got together sometimes. No, they were growing, becoming stronger and more organised. Each held a similar bond to the mare that stood before Adonis, and she wondered what he would think of such a group.

“We do not have a homeland –yet- though the Deep Forest to the South of here is accommodating for now. You arrive in troubled times, Adonis.” A sigh rocked her frame, she knew not how much more she could or should divulge. So there she halted her speed, and awaited a reaction from the steed.

Messages In This Thread
do you want to call it intuition? - by Adonis - 06-26-2012, 03:26 AM
RE: do you want to call it intuition? - by Mirage - 06-26-2012, 04:04 AM
RE: do you want to call it intuition? - by Adonis - 06-27-2012, 01:17 PM
RE: do you want to call it intuition? - by Mirage - 06-29-2012, 02:54 AM
RE: do you want to call it intuition? - by Adonis - 07-04-2012, 08:53 PM
RE: do you want to call it intuition? - by Mirage - 07-09-2012, 07:58 PM