the Rift

to be a .k i l l e r. [Archibald]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

This is insanity. I should not have come here, I should not be standing here on the border of these lands, asked for temporary entrance, seeking a killer. What was I thinking? Wouldn't it have been easier to just seek outcasts? They would be so much easier to converse with, those like me, with no ties, no obligations, no one to protect except themselves. But here I am, and I cannot back down now, for I fear I have already been - ah, there we are. A large dog-wolf-creature bounds toward me, and I toss my head in fright, eyes wide, legs splayed, fighting the urge to rear, to leap into flight. I am not usually so fearful, but then, I am not usually approached by predators. Well, that's not true. When the wolves threatened Lace, Tor and I in the woods, I had stood by his side as Tor fled. Why is this so different?

Oh, I'm trespassing. Right.

I prance backwards, thinking of turning and leaping to the air; but then I see a stallion approaching, and it seems that the mongrel is bound to him. I take a few deep breaths, forcing calm into my veins. I will never get the answers I need acting like a fear-stricken filly. He introduces himself, and something in his words speaks of command, of discipline. He seems the type, all muscle and brawn, but surely with some brains in that head of his, set so far above my own. I feel tiny, fragile. He could snap me in half. I swallow, hard, shy in the presence of the Chief (a chief?). This, of course, is why I fear joining a herd so very much. What do I even say?!

"Thank you, sir," I say, my voice wavering. Is that right? Is that what one says? I hurry to introduce myself, to cover my perceived blunder. "I am Sohalia. I am a wanderer, sent by the God of the Sun on a quest. I... I am not sure if I would be permitted to seek answers here?" It is a question, and rightfully so. He is horribly intimidating, and I am fighting the instinct to flee. I understand that to do so might well be a mistake; he would take me then for not only a coward, but potentially a criminal, and that is the last thing that I want. And so I focus on breathing, on ensuring that oxygen continues to flow. In, out... in, out. Yes, that's a good thing to focus on. In, out... in, out.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
to be a .k i l l e r. [Archibald] - by Sohalia - 12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
RE: to be a .k i l l e r. [Archibald] - by Sohalia - 12-10-2012, 12:48 AM