Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan
"We're soldiers in a war and none of us are backing down
And I will show you victory is mine before we leave this battleground
'Cause you don't wanna leave, and I don't wanna go
And I know just how this battle goes
You don't wanna leave and I don't wanna fight this kind of war...

- Jay Sean
The Glazier had been so focused on tracking down the outcasts that he didn't realize that other Edgers had followed after him until he saw them slip into the valley through the corner of the eyes. A part of him felt like sighing when he recognized Thor and Aaron, in mild despair over the recklessness the younger stallions showed. Not that he were one to speak, after barging into the enemies fortress on his own - but at least he had experience. Aaron was little more than a colt still, and Thor was a newcomer, with abilities unknown.
There was nothing he could do to send them back now though, so the warrior saved his lecture for later and accepted their quiet assistance. It would prove to be most needed.

Whatever hopes he'd had of making a stealthy coup disappeared the moment a unicorn raised the head in the distance and watched the pale dragon fly by. One by one they spotted her, some only watching while others called out in suspicion and anger. The white-maned equine felt torn by the result. On one hand Fajira drew the attention to herself, thus making him more difficult to find in the darkening eve. But on the other hand, she had just made herself a target for attacks, and with their faltered communication, this was dangerous.
He had to swallow an impulse to rush out of the thicket he'd hidden himself in and protect her. That wouldn't be good, it would defeat the entire purpose of coming here. Focus, Lace, think. They were three - possibly four if Solstice was in any shape to fight - against an entire herd. No room for mistakes, no time to look for those who were more well hidden. A pang of guilt struck him at the thought of Mirage, the last one to have been captured. What he wouldn't do to see her freed, what he wouldn't do... But the others came first. All in all his queen would be safer if there were no others around - no one to hold hostage against her, no need for her to consider anyone but herself. Lace would keep the herd safe until they could bring her back, that he vowed to himself.

Suddenly the white dragon let out a sharp cry, that echoed between the mountainsides. Her bonded perked up, ears erect as he listened to the signal. One.. And there it was again. Two. Two prisoners, then? Not too bad, two was manageable. A wild hope painted images of Solstice and Mirage to his inner vision, but he quickly pushed them away. It didn't matter; no matter what he'd set them free. No matter the cost to himself.

Peering through the bushes he watched Fajira turn around and begin to fly back, wings cutting through the darkness and bringing her in his direction as fast as she could. Suddenly though she seemed to cringe in the air, as if something had unbalanced her. Lace felt his breath catch, eyes glued to the delicate frame as her energy seemed to wane, her flight growing erratic. Then it was as though her wings stopped working entirely, and with a startled scream the dragoness tumbled to the ground, bouncing painfully as she landed.

His heart skipped a beat. A memory flashed before his inner vision, a picture of the slender, beautiful little creature falling with a gaping hole through the chest - dying, dead before she hit the ground and quickly dissolving in a cloud of ash. Fear tightened the chest and suddenly nothing mattered anymore, nothing but the fragile being who now lay helpless on the ground, soon to be surrounded by enemies.

The thicket exploded as the stallion charged out in the open, ears flattened against the neck and teeth bared in a vicious snarl, directed at those who dared him to show himself. He was angry now, enraged in the cold, collected way that made him twice as dangerous as those hotheads that lost the ability to think in their raging madness - and he was unforgiving. Those who placed themselves in his way would be sorry for it, as he charged towards the glass-horned stallion that stood before Solstice.

Recognizing Faelene next to Fajira, he quietly prayed that the black femme still remembered their vow of friendship and entrusted his white soulmate to her, instead only placing himself where he was well visible, reared and flared the hooves threatening in the cold air of early spring.

"I am Lace of World's Edge!" he announced, with a voice hard as steel and cold like winters past. "I have come to get my family, and don't you dare try and deny me! I've had quite enough of your petty games and trickery, exiles, and I will have you return those who do not belong among you. Now." Smoke rose from the nostrils as he fell back to the earth, hot blueish flames crackling around the mouth as the gift of the Fire gremlins made itself noticeable. The Time God's amulet clattered against a silver shoulder, gifted fire burned hot in his chest, his mind stretched out to find the branches and roots of bushes and trees in the surrounding area - all in preparation for the possibility of a battle ensuing.

The unicorns of Aurora Basin would find that he wasn't quite as outnumbered as he looked. Covering his back (hopefully) was Aaron and Thor, Solstice stood at the back of the Time Mender and by Faelene's hooves Fajira was recovering from the impact, wings tucking against the back and a growl growing in her throat.

His only real concern was the pale winged mare that lay in the steaming water of the basin, barely recognizable as the proud Stormchaser he'd once met. Someone would have to help her while he staved off any attackers - he really had his hooves full at the moment.

L A C E and F A J I R A
there's .b l o o d. and .g o r e. on the floor

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
Freeing the prisoners (open) - by Lace - 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
RE: Freeing the prisoners (open) - by Stellaluna - 12-04-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Freeing the prisoners (open) - by Svetlana - 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
RE: Freeing the prisoners (open) - by Deimos - 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
RE: Freeing the prisoners (open) - by d'Artagnan - 12-04-2012, 06:53 PM