the Rift

All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any]

Shuler Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: shulertable.png]

The best lies about me are the ones I told

”Does he really need a name?”

The words of a stranger, following the fearful horse’s stuttering utterance of his name. causedShuler to raise his head from his nonchalant pickings of the basin’s still young Birdsong grass. The dun unicorn instantly recognizes the blood bay stallion, he had watched him approach Psyche at the gathered of the herd several days before, but he had yet to come to know his name. Shuler dips his head in respectful salutation, a dark hint of a smile lingering in the depths of his cold, gold eyes at. It seemed that d’Artagnan had no qualms about speaking his mind, and his distaste for the lesser, unfortunate equine was evidently apparent. Unbothered to say anything else right away Shuler continued to snatch up grass at a leisurely pace, standing beside the red nosed, oddly antlered unicorn as if they had done it many, many times before.

Snö, the name was all it took for Shuler to make the connection as to why this Rapha character had seemed so familiar. Shuler knew of Psyche’s daughter, and remembered vividly of when the black mare had fled in foal. He chewed thoughtfully on the slender, tender strands of grass, eyeing the horse with unwavering, if somewhat unnerving indifference. How fun, the Dark Empress’ daughter had acquired herself a fine little toy. Shuler almost felt sorry for him, at the nervous way he conducted himself and the perpetual state of fear that seemed to haunt the little horse’s ever move and breath. Almost. Raising his head and flicking his tail idly, he glanced back at the bay, just as another familiar face appeared beside him.

“Fairest Kou,” Shuler rumbled with pleasant surprise, “Yes, as much as I like to keep to myself, I suppose my return was somewhat inevitable. I am being quite sociable in fact, as you can see, making friends as it were.”

Though he spoke with genuine humor, there was more truth to Shuler’s words than typically present. He watched Rapha as he spoke, half wondering why the lowly boy was out wandering on his own, and if princess Snö knew of his absence, not that it mattered to him. It would be unfortunate though if the poor, groveling equine ended up subject to punishment, his spirit certainly seemed beaten and broken enough. Ever observant the golden stallion took note of the manner in which Kou lingered by the bay, her proximity hinting at something more advanced than just familiarity. Shuler’s gaze once more lingered on d’Artagnan, curiosity causing his eyes to linger longer than appropriate as the gears and thoughts began working and whirring and spinning through his head.

“If you would be so kind, Kou,” Shuler gestured to d’Art with a swing of his horned head. “Do introduce me to your friend.”

[Image: shulertable2.png]

Messages In This Thread
All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Shuler - 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Rapha - 12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Shuler - 12-06-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by d'Artagnan - 12-06-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Rapha - 12-06-2012, 06:33 PM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Kou - 12-09-2012, 12:52 AM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Shuler - 12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by d'Artagnan - 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Rapha - 12-14-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: All I ever wanted. [Kou, Any] - by Kou - 01-06-2013, 12:05 PM