the Rift

Within Us [Aurelius]

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Even if the sun seemed to burn hotter by the minute, he tried not to display his discomfort on his peculiar little face as he looked upon her. What Aurelius may have lacked in stature, he made up for in cunning, for if a small beast is not smart he does not have much left. The tiny stag was the epitome of calm as he watched her pace and shuffle her wings, staring right back into those dull blue eyes with his own heterochromatic gaze. He did not remark on her sneer, he did not want to bicker, and he surely didn’t let himself get fazed by her glaring eyes. The dwarven steed did not take her heated words to heart; he could handle a hotheaded femme and he surely wasn’t letting her wind him up.

It was obvious that she would much rather beat the words out of him, so it was quite surprising to him when she actually made an inquiry. “It puzzles me that you would know about the absence of my king, but not of the whereabouts of my entire herd,” he mused, though he did feel a small pang of misery in his heart when she spoke Mauja’s name. While he had every right to be infuriated with being abandoned by the FrostHeart, all he really felt was a deep concern, for he was certain the pale steed had not vanished at his own will. At least he hoped so, for the thought to be discarded by those you considered your brethren was too much to bear.

I never had power in the first place. If you wanted someone powerful, you should have known better than to pick me,” he spoke calmly. It was nothing but the truth; Aurelius, though he had been feeling a bond of friendship with Mauja, had never possessed a rank of significance. And it was unlikely that he would now with Psyche ruling the herd. He watched her as she walked over to a poor excuse for a plant, and with the tenderness in her stature he figured it to be special of some sort. It might be wise to store that picture for later use, he noted, keeping his face neutral when the roan turned back to him. The dwarf had a sneaking suspicion that his non-answer was not to her satisfaction, but he was not going to sell out his family if he could help it. Mockery, beatings and threats – it had been such a big part of his life, he knew how to cope with whatever she might come up with.
Credits

Messages In This Thread
Within Us [Aurelius] - by Xira - 12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Within Us [Aurelius] - by Aurelius - 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM
RE: Within Us [Aurelius] - by Xira - 12-05-2012, 09:04 PM
RE: Within Us [Aurelius] - by Aurelius - 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM