the Rift

Come Be Mine (Sandman)

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
I am easily make-believe, just dress me up in what you want me to be.

"Of course I like you." A slight smirk is his only answer to her words. Of course she did. After all, he was her golden knight, the prince charming of her fairytale. For once, his role was created by her, the silly girl fitting him into her life after a few words and looks. It had been almost too easy, manipulating this one. All it had taken was a smile and some compliments, and she was his. A rather devoted little thing, like a dog, and pretty enough. Rather chatty, but he supposed that was something he could tolerate, at least for a few more days.

His tail swishes lazily as she begins her story, planning to appear politely interested in whatever excuse she provides for her disappearance. What he doesn't expect, is the tale of kidnap and abuse. Anger began to build in his massive frame, though it is not a righteous anger over the thought of her well-being, but rather rage that someone would dare take something he considered to be his. His toy, stolen away and played with by others. A snort escaped him, and he pawed the ground in irritation. An infraction like this never would have happened back in Cedar, or any of the places before. Here, he had been lax, content to fade into the background rather than become a prominent figure that was feared and respected.

It was her fault. That damned Angel, having the nerve to vanish and leave him in a useless fit of depression, causing him to brood and moan like a lovestruck colt. Guen too, though he holds his old friend less responsible than the bay mare. Guen had had good reasons for staying behind, having taken leadership over a small herd, and the black had made it clear that Sandman could return whenever he wished. Still, it was disconcerting, not having the one constant thing in his life anymore. Losing his best friend had affected him deeply, and as he thought about it, the chestnut decided that his former companion was just as much to blame for his current state as the mare had been. Perhaps he would find his way back to Cedar and give Guenhwyvar a good kick or two.

Later though. For now, Kanti should be the focus of his attention, and so he forces a look of concern on his face. "Are you alright, dear Kanti? Would you like me to hunt them down for you? Just say the word, and I will drag their bodies back and lay them at your hooves." Over the top, but she had seemed to enjoy such performances during their first encounter. After all, what mare didn't want a strong, faithful stallion who would obey their every whim?

Messages In This Thread
Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Kanti - 12-05-2012, 09:01 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Sandman - 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Kanti - 12-05-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Sandman - 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Kanti - 01-02-2013, 11:39 PM
RE: Come Be Mine (Sandman) - by Sandman - 01-16-2013, 01:19 AM