Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable
[Image: xanthosprofilepic.png]

Xanthos
I will live for you
before I die

Foals had always been a curious thing to the grullo. Every one was different in their own way, of course, but at the same time, always seemed to be trying to prove themselves to those older. He knew that at one point, he had been just the same as the little dun standing before him, and tried to act as he would have wanted an adult to at his own age.

The colt's stance brought a smile to his face, and instantly he felt a great deal of respect for the youngster. He could only imagine what kind of stallion he would grow to be in years to come, and deep down, Xanthos hoped that they wouldn't be spent here in the Basin. "Soren, huh?" The stallion spoke then, more of a statement than a question. "But, yes, this is my home. Unfortunately, only unicorns like you and I can call it such." A quick glance was given by the grullo then, assuring that they were otherwise alone before looking back to Soren. If anyone overheard such talk, then Xanthos would surely have another harsh talking to.

Soren seemed to have tuned in on his very thoughts, for his next question had to do with just that. Subconsciously, black-tipped ears tilted back at the thought of the two mares, but he was quick to regain his placid demeanor. He didn't want to frighten the boy with a sudden change in attitude, and when he spoke, his voice was as calm as could be. "Your mother sounds very kind, Soren, as opposed to those two that you saw." As for the reasoning, Xanthos could go into as much detail as he wanted, but he would save this young mind from the finer details of it all. "Well," he began, a thoughtful look crossing his face as he fought to obtain just the right words, "You see, I did something that neither of them quite agree with. They do not beleive that unicorns should find company in those that do not have a horn, such as the equines and the Pegasus. An ideal that I do not agree with."

He paused then, regarding the colt with a curious look. Idly, he wondered just who Soren's mother was, or even his father. Were they even a part of the Basin? For as young as he was, it was surprising to have always spotted him by himself. "Soren..." His voice came again, "Do you think that such things are fair?"

Messages In This Thread
Tracking the Silent [Xanthos, Open] - by Soren - 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Tracking the Silent [Xanthos, Open] - by Xanthos - 12-09-2012, 09:15 PM