the Rift

How Long? [Leander]

Aitheria Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aitheria

Within the last few days of walking about and discovering the dirt of my new home I took pleasure to fly above a wide lake. Dried throat scratching at me roughly. I couldn't quite figure out how when something became dry it could burn so badly. It felt almost as if it was a hot summer day and the tiny bits of grain you stepped on where a thousand coals in just one piece. Hoovering above the liquid I tilted my wings in. Slightly adjusting my body to not sweep against the cool breeze, pushing ever so slightly against my will. Moving my thin, yet built and graceful, form peacefully towards the middle of the lake.

I soared on the coasting wind, carefully lowering myself to the top of the silk. Water rippling gently with the air. Surveying it with curious purple eyes, my hoof unfolded from its comfortable position within my chest, touching gently the top of the cool surface. It's temperature wasn't truly too terrible, well compared to the thoughts I could have guessed. Temperature though was not of my concern. It was the small rings around my hoof as is touch and folded under again. My head fell down and looking under me I watched it disappear. Unfortunately though, in my survey of the ringlet I had come far to close to the water.

A rush of adrenaline coursed through my veins as my frantic heart skipped three beats. I could tell I was going to violently crash to the water. Luck was on my side today though, a sudden rush of wind caught my wings and with the great help I thrust them a flap and floated up a tiny bit. My fear didn't stop the studies and relentlessly I continued to dip my hoof within the water. This time skimming it across joyfully. The taste for water a memory in my vivid mind. It's beautiful glass flying through my throat. I was finished playing with my drink and I tilted sideways. Wings flapping once more before I was high enough to gain speed.

Moving away from the middle, I traveled to the edge. Quiet, stalking my ear lobes. I hadn't seen much here, so peaceful I found it different. Weird that there was no true actions or disagreements within the citizens. Yet I could be on the far side of the action. Rejected for being a new catch. As sometimes that was how life worked. Hooves touched sand gently while I continued to move in a trot. Lithe frame working to slow carefully. My thirst continued to grow as well as the burn, lowering my cranium, my velvet muzzle moved against the chill. Ripples moved gently, the same as when my hoof collided, this time not so violent. I began to drink my fill. Finishing I raised my mouth from the top a few inches. Staring to my reflection.

[ooc- Epona if you have time I would enjoy another Leander and Aitheria post (: and this is also open!]

Messages In This Thread
How Long? [Leander] - by Aitheria - 12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
RE: How Long? [open/Leander] - by Leander - 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
RE: How Long? [open/Leander] - by Aitheria - 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM
RE: How Long? [Leander] - by Leander - 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM
RE: How Long? [Leander] - by Aitheria - 12-09-2012, 08:07 PM
RE: How Long? [Leander] - by Aitheria - 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: How Long? [Leander] - by Leander - 12-17-2012, 06:15 PM
RE: How Long? [Leander] - by Aitheria - 12-17-2012, 10:38 PM