the Rift

enemies and empathies [psyche]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

Thick, heavy coils unwound from the Dragon Throat's tree. They relaxed their suffocating grip, leaving the tree weeping trees of red sap, blood that beaded on the cracked bark in rivulets and droplets. Black scales, a natural armor nearly impossible to penetrate, dropped onto the ground with a dull thud that echoed throughout the Throat. It was night, for Bazilisk preferred the night over the day, his sulfurous green eyes adjusted easily to it. The tree creaked behind him, adjusting itself as the snake's several-tonne body fell to the ground, slithering over the terrain with a fluidity hard to match by any four-legged creature.

Bazilisk snorted, head tilting. A red tongue flickered out from between pearl teeth- no, not pearl, for they were still stained with blood from countless kills to feed on. He was a predator, a massive predator who could no longer hunt the prey he wanted most. The snake sighed thinly, sick of sand. He loved heat, truly, for it was one of the few temperatures he could feel, but sand grains wiggled into the cracks between his scales and rubbed there uncomfortably, unforgiving.

The little night huntress, his prisoner, was somewhere within speaking distance, probably under the shadow of the tree. He admired her, her hard unforgiving ways, though he would never say that. And he certainly wouldn't tell Leander and Kri that! Kri. No, the serpent did not like Kri. He had done what her informants couldn't! And still she had scolded him like an unruly hatchling, and turned her temper on Psyche. Such a leader was stupid, letting her emotions run away with her. One should always take the higher road, which the sultana certainly hadn't done. At least Leander controlled himself with a strong will. Kri was a hothead, a fiery actress. A low hiss gathered in his throat, exhaling through curled lips at the thought of the stocky little bird-horse.

He returned his attention to whom he was guarding. Who was she? What had she done that was so bad? Species kept to themselves. Unicorns had horns upon their brows, pegasi wings upon their shoulders, equines nothing. They were cousins, not family, in the same way he was cousins to dragons and dracoons, both of whom basilisks avoided and disliked.

"Speak to me, Psyche. Tell me about yourself. Tell me why."

[STRICTLY for Psyche only.]

Messages In This Thread
enemies and empathies [psyche] - by Bazilisk - 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
RE: enemies and empathies [psyche] - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
RE: enemies and empathies [psyche] - by Bazilisk - 12-09-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: enemies and empathies [psyche] - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: enemies and empathies [psyche] - by Bazilisk - 12-09-2012, 10:40 PM
RE: enemies and empathies [psyche] - by Psyche - 12-10-2012, 12:02 AM