the Rift

scorched earth

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

i don't want to set the world on fire
i just want to start a flame in your heart
One moment, the filly is alone with the ash and the trees, and in another, she is scrambling frantically from the path of a glittering monster. It whistles past her - she can feel its heat against her downy foal coat. She cries out in surprise, tucking downy wings close to her body as she attempts to flee, although the sight of a pale dragon calms her dramatically. Still shaken, she watches the silver body go past her, and with a start, recognizes him through muddled first-day memories. Orange eyes watch him intently as he swivels to confront her, his cobwebbed face wrought with concern - he asks a question, and she finds herself looking down at the ash sheepishly. "I wanted to know," she finally says after a moment of quiet contemplation, risking a glace upward, "who made this, do you know?" Her eyes are expression is earnest and sad; Israfel hesitates visibly with his next question, which is punctuated by an affectionate nibble to her forelock. She nickers softly, vermilion catching amber. "No," is the reply, timid and secretive; will he tattle to Mother?

Her eyes wander to the white dragon, contemplative. "Were you a warrior?" she asks suddenly, hoping to steer the subject away from her mother. That jump was impressive, she admits, and isn't the dream of every young colt to fight for the honor of their land, to put their life on the line for some flimsy moral? Israfel grins, bounding playfully away from the silver grulla, leaving a black cloud in her wake. "I'll be a warrior when I'm older," she boasts, managing a clumsy half-levade before tumbling gracelessly onto her forelegs. The girl begins to giggle as she paws at the ash, disturbing their season-long peace and dispersing them carelessly, innocent to the sadness and pain this charred wood had caused.

Messages In This Thread
scorched earth - by Israfel - 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: scorched earth - by Lace - 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
RE: scorched earth - by Lace - 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: scorched earth - by Rishima - 12-12-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: scorched earth - by Hototo - 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM