the Rift

scorched earth

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO

our hearts beat in time with the earth.

"Mother is the best warrior," I say and instantly wishing I could withdraw the words from the air and shove them back into my mouth. I had been eavesdropping, horribly rude, at the edge of the clearing behind a copse of full, lush trees. My bitoned eyes had caught sight of Lace, and, excited to see the older stallion yet again, had almost launched myself forward to show him my now straightened legs. That was until, of course, I noticed that he had been speaking to a filly. She was about the same height as me, but much more delicate in her build and features. I assumed that she was only a slight bit younger than me, but remembering my scary interaction with Azulee and Cirrus, I was hesitant to bound forward and announce my presence.

Now, my voice had given my location away. With eyes likely glued to my dusty colored pelt, I sulk out from behind the bushes, hooves dragging like a guilty child. I was, after all, a guilty child. My curiosity had been stronger than my manners, which was quite embarrassing. Mother would not have been pleased. Shuffling my feet nervously, I walk forward, airing closer to the side of Lace than the two females of the bunch, though I threw much more frequent and nervous glances in their direction from under my crown of horns. The closer I made my way to their side, the more the ash would almost seem to cling to me, the scorched earth getting closer and closer. However, something peculiar unbeknownst to my eyes at the time started to happen. From underneath the ash, a trail of grass began to grow, following my pathway toward Lace from the bushes, like a carpet being rolled out behind me as I walked.

Stopping beside Lace, I raise my head ever so slightly, not wanting to look into the eyes of the adults or the filly. "I meant, uhm..." I take a pause, finding my mouth starkly dry in this situation. "My mother is a fine lady as well as a strong warrior. I think she's right," I say, glancing up at Lace with a smile. I hoped that he would remember me, or at least not scold me too harshly for eavesdropping in on the conversation. With tentative bravery, I look up finally, and toward the black colored mare who had made the original point. Her eyes were deep, dark, and unreadable, leaving me quite at odds with how to feel about her. The gentleness of her voice previously made me think she was likely a kind mare, but I had no true way of knowing.

With a nervous exhale, my two-toned eyes then flutter over to the other filly, only to widen, noting with excitement the wings upon her back paired with a horn. Hers was branched, unlike the straight elegant spiral of mother's horn, but it was more similar than my spiral monsters decorating my crown. "Can you fly?" I ask, looking at the filly excitedly and strangely open, considering how nervous I had been just a few short moments before.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
scorched earth - by Israfel - 12-08-2012, 12:59 PM
RE: scorched earth - by Lace - 12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
RE: scorched earth - by Lace - 12-09-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: scorched earth - by Rishima - 12-12-2012, 06:54 AM
RE: scorched earth - by Hototo - 12-12-2012, 07:54 PM