the Rift

one hundred ways to break a heart [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

It was, needless to say, not the reaction she was looking for, with the stallion leaping away from her like a startled deer. And his ears were pinned and his eyes were surprised, his tail was up like a banner. Her heart squeezed a little and she took a step back. Did he really not like her at all? But then, much to her befuddlement, seemed to calm and addressed her. Who takes a stroll here? Tor wondered, eyeing him a little hesitantly. It seemed they were both treading lightly around each other, but she didn't exactly understand why. "Umm... I suppose..." Curse her tongue! Why was she stumbling over the words like an idiot? There was definitely something wrong with her! "Uh. I was... just... taking a walk, I guess." Did she add she had smelt him and had coming looking? Or did she leave him alone? Did she leave now?

"I could smell you from downwind, and I thought I would come talk to you?" Yes! Her tongue was working again! And then it stuttered to a question. Tor! Why was she so nervous around him? Really, honestly? Surely I'm not in love with him! Gods above! Let her speak. "Uhm..." She dropped her gaze to the soggy ground. What should she say? Where was the little angry-face dragon Fajira? Then he reached out to nudge her, and her heart stopped. But he only gestured towards her sprinkled mane. And her heart dropped. And maybe splatted inside her stomach.

"Lace. Do you love anyone?"

TOR

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: one hundred ways to break a heart [Faelene, open] - by Tor - 12-09-2012, 02:10 PM