the Rift

one hundred ways to break a heart [open]

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

Her question left him speechless once more. She stopped, and he would be eternally grateful that she did, but the words that came out of her mouth sounded like she wished he hadn't stopped her. Confused, Lace withdrew his muzzle, instead slipping up by her side until he was standing halfway in front of her - just in case she'd try to run off again before they'd sorted this mess out.

The stallion took a deep breath in an attempt to calm himself down. The scenic view of the Grove was forgotten, the radiant sun and vibrant plant life unimportant. All that mattered now - and wouldn't she have been happy to hear him say that - was Tor, and the feeling that he had wronged her. A mind completely unsuited for this kind of situation worked furiously to find a solution - he felt he had to solve this, like it was a problem given at a test, a question that couldn't be left unanswered - before she grew tired of waiting, before the moment to make right had passed.

Oh, how he wished that his heart would be more flexible. If he could just grow to love her right then and there, flash forward something that should have taken months and years to develop and realize...

"Don't be sorry that you told me how you feel, please. I couldn't be happier to hear, and I'm only sorry that I can't... that I don't hold those kind of feelings for you. Yet. Who knows, maybe if we continue to get to know one another things will change. I can't promise anything, that would be foolish and cruel, and it's not like I'm asking for you to wait for me either, I'm not that selfish. Just... I don't know. I don't want you to feel like you've made a mistake by talking to me about it."

He'd begun speaking fast and intensively, as if she'd try to leave again if he wasn't convincing enough. Why would he have to convince her? But as Lace went along, the voice grew more uncertain, those sooted ears tilted disheartened on the poll, and by the time his voice trailed off the stallion looked little more than a colt, caught in the midst of a prank and ready to face a scolding.

Somewhere along the line, he had lost all control over the situation. Why was he trying to convince her, when she was the one with a wounded heart? He'd gone after her, but didn't even know what he himself wanted. Her friendship, yes. More? That was where it grew difficult, where he began to feel halfhearted and hard pressed for an answer.

Come on, come on, Tor, his thoughts churned quietly. Help me out here, lets row this boat ashore... on way or another.

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
RE: one hundred ways to break a heart [Faelene, open] - by Lace - 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM