the Rift

one hundred ways to break a heart [open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

bound to wander forever, but maybe not alone

He listened, with those golden eyes, listened with his open heart. But it wasn't right. No, it wasn't. One day, certainly, they would be friends. For now... it would remain to be seen. There was that precious something, perhaps the beginning of a friendship, that had been stretched too far, and had snapped in a thousand gleaming shards.

Then there was a silence, an awkward stop, one where neither of them spoke, before Lace broke it, shattered it, and Tor wished she had the silence as opposed to speaking to him again. She was confused now, the one thing concrete in her mind that he did not return her affections. Yet now she had to wonder if they were true, or maybe, simply false. Did she love him, whole-heartedly, as she was convinced, or maybe was it something smaller?

"No. It's okay," Tor replied quietly, "I hope we can too. But sometimes it takes only time to repair a broken bone, hmm?" She wasn't sure if she meant the friendship or her heart in this case. Yet she was the healer, and she was determined to tend to this wound until it healed, and maybe she would find someone else. Maybe they just weren't right for each other. Maybe... but at this moment, Tor's thoughts were running along sadder paths, as opposed to the hope of a fragile relationship. "I'll see you again soon, I hope." Tor said lightly, trying to mask her befuddled mind.

With one glance into the waters of the pond, she left, holding onto that image of the two of them in the fractured movement of the oversized puddle. It wasn't the right time or place. Maybe one day, but for now, she truly had wrecked their friendship, at least in her mind; and maybe they could figure it out in a few weeks when she had organized herself better and knew what she was doing here in the land frozen in time, where every move dragged out.

[Finished, I think!]

TOR

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
RE: one hundred ways to break a heart [open] - by Tor - 12-28-2012, 10:57 AM