the Rift

Christmas Stuff

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
Up here in the great white North, we get very Christmas-y.

My wedding anniversary is December 4th, and I always make my hubby decorate the tree with me that night. He hates it, btw. He's such a grinch, usually he just attaches the little hangy-on things to the ornaments, and that's it. I blast Christmas music the whole time, and sing like a crazy person, which he also hates.

My Mum's husband is from Holland, so we celebrate Sinterklaas as well, on December 5th.

The rest of the lead-up is usually just a bunch of prep...Dan's step-mum is the most incredible baker EVER, so we usually go over and test out her baking early :)

My doggies like to get into the spirit (I'll post pictures soon). Berkeley, my Berner, likes to pull children on his little cart, whilst wearing antlers. And Stella (our Mexica rescue, who likes like a Shiba Inu and a german shephard mix), likes to wear elf ears and a sweater, and be Berkeley's manager. Out at my Dad's, in the country, we'll hook up a team of 2, and do sleigh rides as well :)

I should mention that I married into an EXTREMELY religious household. All of Dan's family works for the church, which as a Philosophy major and an agnostic, makes me the odd one out, but it's tolerable, most of the time. Christmas Eve-day, consists of volunteering at the church usually. As his family is German, we do Christmas Eve at their house, with lots of appies to snack on.

Christmas Day is done with my crazy mother and family. It's exhausting most of the time.

Boxing Day, Dan's side of the family as a 'jam' session. We have a recording studio in our basement, so this year it will be at our house. Maybe i'll upload it, if we don't sound too wonky. :)

That's all. Nothing too crazy, I don't think. I love listening to Christmas carols and watching The Grinch. :3
 HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Christmas Stuff - by ali - 12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Psyche - 12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Xanthos - 12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by ali - 12-09-2012, 10:21 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Phaedra - 12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Lace - 12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Hototo - 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Tingal - 12-10-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by d'Artagnan - 12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
RE: Christmas Stuff - by Phaedra - 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM