the Rift

.r u n. [Thor] - CLOSED

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

I was running.

I was also praying.

But mostly, I was running. I wasn't even entirely sure where I was going, but my terror prevented rational thought. I was not careful about my approach to the World's Edge (stupid, I know), crashing helplessly through brush, charging recklessly through fog. It was dark, without even a sliver of moon to guide me, and the stars, usually so brilliant, were hidden behind a thick layer of mist. My hoofbeats echoed in the silence, clattered on the rock that lay on the edge of the cliffs. I didn't know how close I was until a step knocked loose a few pebbles; I heard them fall, cascade into the sea below, and I veered sharply, my shriek of fear dying in my throat. I knew who I sought, but not how to find him. I needed him, needed him more than even he could know. In all my years of suffering from the curse that he caused so many to cast me out, to run away from me, only he had proven capable of controlling - no, that isn't the right word. He didn't control it, but he helped me through it.

I was afraid to call his name. I knew that I was trespassing, but my fear of being caught without him during a fit exceeded my trepidation at entering another herd's lands. Besides, the Edge and the Throat were allies, and I had hoped to join him here. Not like this, perhaps, but I had planned it nonetheless. Even worse than the fear of being caught was the fear of rejection: had his pretty words in the forest that day been lies, concocted for my desperate ears? Would he send me on my way to deal with my problems on my own? Or would he welcome me with that same kind gaze, the sweet words, the promise to help me? Could he help me? I didn't know, I didn't care. All I knew was that I needed him. I needed Thor.

It was happening again, and I feared that without him, I would find myself trapped for longer than before. My blackout had been short with him, shorted by far than any in my past. I believed that this one would be worse, to make up for lost time, so to speak. Would I be out for hours? Days, even? Would he watch after me, make sure that I was safe? Or would he send me off without a care in the world? The cadence of my steps followed me, ricocheting off rock until my hooves met a softer floor, and I slid to a stop amongst the trees. Hooves continued to beat a steady tempo as I pranced in place, looking this way and that, unsure of how to proceed. This was a stupid idea, I knew - it was the middle of the night, I had given no warning, and besides, he may not even want to see me! But I was too far within their borders to turn back now, and I could only hope that Thor would find me. Before someone else did.

Messages In This Thread
.r u n. [Thor] - CLOSED - by Tamira - 12-10-2012, 01:05 AM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Thor - 12-11-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Tamira - 12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Thor - 12-14-2012, 03:17 AM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Tamira - 12-14-2012, 03:43 PM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Thor - 12-16-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Tamira - 12-19-2012, 12:34 AM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Thor - 12-19-2012, 01:20 AM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Tamira - 12-20-2012, 04:08 PM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Thor - 12-26-2012, 04:48 PM
RE: .r u n. [Thor] - by Tamira - 12-29-2012, 03:32 AM