the Rift

the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open]

Bazilisk Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

B A Z I L I S K
I do not desire to hear your words, nor you mine.

He has not spoken since they began moving. Guilt. It's a heavy thing in his stomach, so real, but he knows he is better off here than the Throat. Hopefully. He does hope. It's quite real, sickeningly real, that he's betraying another herd, even if they were not his family. Not my family. The serpent thinks silently to himself, speeding ever onwards. There is only the dry rustling of his scales as sand turns to forest and forest turns to secluded grove, from soft peat to snow and ice. It is beautiful here, the mare did not lie, but he prefers heat. Not that you can feel heat or cold anyways.

"Is this it?" He asks, voice quiet. Not soft, not hard, almost empty of emotion. Bazilisk twists up, stretching up and up until his head is high, so high, in the air he can see near everything of the valley. It was pretty, he realized. Grass was springing up around hot springs, a carpet of soft green. A bird squawked, startled to see his head from the perch on it's mountain perch. Teeth snapped, feathers exploded into the air haloed in golden light and the little gray-feathered bird was gone. But he hadn't flown away. A red tongue slipped around the serpent's mouth, enjoying the fresh flavor of the warm meat.

The mare began to trot down the entry between the mountains tall, and without another word the silent beast follows, his curling body leaving great indentations in the dust behind him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Bazilisk - 12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Stellaluna - 12-10-2012, 07:36 PM
RE: the Return of the Empress [Bazilisk/Plague/open] - by Bazilisk - 12-13-2012, 05:54 PM