Barking up the Wrong Tree [Phaedra, Avira]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Annoyed.

Phae was annoyed. Annoyed at her quest (What good is love, anyways?!), annoyed at Levi for caring about her (why the fuck do men have to complicate things?!), furious at Leander (*expletives*). The only one she possibly wasn't annoyed at, was Tolio, her gay bestfriend (Who would never return her possibly-in-love feelings for him - WHICH I DON'T HAVE!). Is this what schizophrenia felt like? Or was this just being apathetic towards your own life? Merely listening to your mind hash things out, but not actively participating? Even thinking of it as a separation between her mind, and her, should have indicated her growing detachment from the world. When she came to Helovia, she had thought things were different; she wouldn't have to run anymore. To be afraid. Those she met, however, were proving her wrong. She was committed to the idea that there must be something in the water, which changed the stallions here. In her past, Phae had flirted with all the males that she met; for protection. They viewed her as some pretty gem - for her natural beauty was not to be ignored - something to keep for themselves, often privately. She didn't mind indulging them from time to time, to keep their desire for her, but it was always without emotion, at least, without love. That was what she needed. She was built for speed, for the air, not for fighting. She needed them to protect her, not to love her.

Phaedra was too focused on being frustrated, that she forgot to practise being sneaky. Later, she would remind herself that Spy's should be without emotion, and that perhaps fully cutting herself off from the rest of the Helovian's might be a good idea. For now, she was practically stomping through the Heart. Her tall frame did not thicken, even in FrostFall. She had been drawn down from the skies to the warmth emitted from this place. As she walked, the figure of Birch slowly materialized out of the haze caused by the immense heat. Phae's green gaze widened in alarm - and her wings shot from her sides ready to take flight. As she did this, an incredible pain echoed through her wings. Turning her head, she saw fresh blood seeping onto her now-white feathers. She was still unsure what had caused her wings to turn from tawny and spotted, to prestine and white, but she did know what had caused them to bleed. Or who. Leander She thought bitterly. She had avoided flying as much as possible, to allow her wings time to heal. Fuck. Grimacing, she shook her wings slightly, causing beeds of blood to bounce from her feathers which repelled most of the liquid, anyways.

Focusing on Birch again, she noticed two things which relaxed her somewhat; that he was ground-bound, and that he was male. These were her two favourite attributes in a stranger. Men, were her specialty. And if all went to hell, she could easily escape them in the skies. Could.. her mind reminded her, flaring pain through her wings again. As her gaze fell over the large stallion again, she noticed that the foliage she presumed was growing behind him, was actually growing from him. Fascinating.. She thought. It also meant that if she needed to, she could probably outrun him on the ground. His large frame didn't look built for speed..Stepping closer, she now noticed that there was snow falling around him. But how could that be? Unsure of what odd power such a beast could contain, Phae was suddenly very releaved that the Grey had let her keep the protective amulet which she now wore around her neck.

Saying nothing, Phae stepped forward again, flanking him on his right. She kept her wings unfurled, acting as though she was warming the under-side of her feathers. She cast a flirtatious look his way, but said nothing. He didn't exactly look like a talker. Still...something intrigued her deeply, about him. Subconciously, it probably had more to do with how primitive he looked; how literally rooted in nature he seemed. An unknown feeling stirred deep in her belly, causing a deep blush to appear on her sooty features. Still, that could have been from the heat.

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barking up the Wrong Tree [Phaedra, Avira] - by Phaedra - 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: Barking up the Wrong Tree [Phaedra, Avira] - by Avira - 12-11-2012, 11:08 PM