the Rift

Ever Changing Tides [Kri]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

She was quickly beside him, a small mass of ochre and cream, staring out with those deep blue eyes. It was easy to come to regret the decision to speak with her, when already the look taking hold of her face was so hard. Could she not understand that he only wanted to do what she had asked in the first place? All he had done was to help the herd, and yet it seemed as though nothing would be enough for her. He wanted to keep the same level of respect he'd had for the petite leader the day he'd met her, but it was futile. She was too callous, close-minded, psyche wethered likely by years of leading alone and at her own whims. It was almost too much to handle, and if not for Ember's comforting presence he would have turned his back and left.

Sooty lips stayed sealed for the second reprimanding lecture. That was only for so long though. Did she really have to go so far as to blame him for their lack of unity? A bitter smile cracked his maw. No, that was her own doing. She came out of the woodwork and blatantly disagreed with his words, when she could have just as easily waited to speak to he and the Bazilisk alone. "Kri. Weakness was shown to our enemy, that I agree. If you want to disagree with my judgement, it would be best to do it in private. Do not expect me to hold my tongue when I do not agree with you. You asked for my help in leading the herd, and that is all I have tried to give. If I am expected to lay down and ignore what I believe is right, than I am not suited for this position." He spoke cooly, letting his own ice blue gaze fall down over her sharp features. Did she really expect him to acquiesce to her every word? He honestly had to wonder if the matriarch only appointed him for show, and had no real expectations of his ability to act as her partner.

"What you might deem a waste of time might be an opportunity to others. I believe that you will get more out of olive branches than with thorns." He glanced across the water as he spoke, glad for the space she put between them. It was better to have allies then potential enemies, and it was clear that the matriarch was much better at making the latter. That would be something that would have to change, if he were to keep his place as lead. The herd would see enough trouble in the future with the quickly growing Basin group. "The ex-Edge Unicorns deemed us an enemy the day we aided the Qian. And even more so, now that we have stolen members of their own. They will seek revenge upon us no matter what. We will need to have as many allies as we can. Their numbers grow." The hard edge of truth rang in his words. He was sure of every one he spoke. What wishful thinking, to believe that distancing themselves from the Foothill's would make them any less of a target. For such a battle hardened mare, he would have thought such things would be more clear to her. But then, how often did she really leave the Throat?

"I do not expect anyone else from the herd to help the Foothill's, unless they decide to do so for themselves. The Foothill's Chieftess is a personal ally of mine, and I will not stand idly by while she may be in danger. It will also be beneficial to see the Unicorn's new land and numbers for myself. I cannot expect to learn much by staying within our borders." He replied calmly. Kri could think what she would of the Foothill's, but he had little faith in her true knowledge of them. He had met all three of their leaders, though the equine Chief had been replaced. If she would try to protect the herd while shutting out like a hermit to the outside, then it would be so. He held no such qualms about leaving; there was always much to gain by staying abreast of the world's goings on, especially when there were those who sought to bring down his home.

Messages In This Thread
Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Kri - 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Kri - 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Kri - 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM