the Rift

Ever Changing Tides [Kri]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

"Rules often need changing, Kri. I may think that there are improvements that can be made, but that does not mean that I dispute our rule. My concern is for the good of the herd, including the happiness of our members, and that is it." Leander spoke, letting his voice deepen further in an attempt to fight the rage rising within his own chest. The female temper was not something unknown to the charger, and ordinarily would not be something too difficult to deal with. But did she really feel the need to call him names, like some spoiled child? How could he hold on to his faith in her, when she did such things? Ashen lips parted in a dark crack, threatening to spit out venom to surpass the Sultana's. All that finally emerged was a weary sigh, and cerulean pools grew tired on the flaxen. "Kri, I am sorry to have angered you. I have only said and done what I believe to be right, and in the best interest of all of us. We must be able to understand each-others views. If we cannot do that then our leadership is nothing." He stated gently, resigned to the truth of the matter. "If you truly think I am a fool, then you have only to dismiss me from my position. I will not abandon my duties unless they are revoked." There was a cold certainty in his eyes as they clashed with her fiery glare, the readiness to accept whatever fate would give him clear. There was nothing more to do, for either her temper was strong enough to cloud her judgment of him, or she truly believed he was nothing more than a common fool. If she thought he was some idiot merely because his ideas were not the same, then she was no better than the ex-Edge Unicorns themselves.

"I feel it may be difficult to maintain friendly ties with those we do not speak to. It is also unclear whether or not the Foothill's themselves know that their ties to us are friendly. I am not suggesting we lay all our lives on the line for them at a moments notice, but is there no possibility for any form of alliance?" The golden regarded her more carefully now, the hint of concern lacing his features. It seemed as though she truly could not handle the slightest of opposition, and that was deeply troubling. The matriarch's bitter voice continued to cut the air, a far to harsh retort for anything he said. Regret washed over him. When he agreed to take up the responsibility of leadership, he thought that have an equal partner would make things easier, not far more difficult. The LionHeart held back from looking at her as a lunatic, throwing her anger at one who did not warrant it in the least. Instead, he frowned down at the blank face of the sand. "I am aware of why the informants have stolen members of the Basin. I mean no disrespect to you when I disagree, Kri. I only feel that my own information and ideas may be helpful if considered, and that is the only reason I voice them. Anger between us is foolish." Sky orbs had drifted back up to her face, searching for any small trace of softness as he spoke. There might be no way to quell her furious nature, but he would do all he could to try. The only alternative would be to resign, if she did not dismiss him first, and leave the Throat altogether. The prospect of leaving the Oasis was painful, and Leander decided to ignore the thought until it was absolutely necessary not to. Taking a step back towards the umber femm in a gingerly manner, he began. "I have heard first hand that the Unicorns do not care why we have taken their members. The only thing they care about is revenge, upon us just as much as the Qian. They are more clever than we would like to think. I believe the Foothill's may be attacked first, due to their location. If they fall, many innocent lives will be taken. I cannot speak for you or the rest of the herd of course, but I would not feel right letting a friendly neighboring group be massacred. I feel it would show weakness on our part. For if we are not strong enough to aid those we have friendly ties with, then are we truly strong enough to protect ourselves and the Qian? He asked her, every word spoken with genuine equability. "The Foothill's also has several excellent warriors, who could aid both us and the Qian, when our own time comes to deal with the Basin." The palomino added gently, sights still patiently waiting to gauge his partner's reaction. She soon went on, still with all the vehemence of the scorned. Deaf ears, indeed. He thought to himself, her pure disregard for his own words quite evidence. Every fiber of his being screamed to to leave her and all her thoughtless agitation, before the inevitable desire to draw blood kicked in. But defiantly he stayed beside her, forcing his massive crown to nod in a gesture of understanding. As if he could understand a burst of such ignorance. "As I said, Kri, I do not expect any of the herd to join me. My alliance with the Chieftess is my own. I do not make foreign friends often, but when I do it is of good cause. I only meant to say that if any of our members have friends who have been taken prisoner in the Basin, I will not try to stop them from confronting the Unicorns themselves." It was amazing, how calm and collected his voice could be, how much it could betray his true emotion. "I think most of our members have friends outside of the Throat, and I would not expect them to let a friend suffer. It may be wise for us to speak to the herd, brief everyone on the situation with the Basin and warn them to be careful if going North. Do you agree?" Steady tones questioned, still holding on to their level stance. Enduring her wrath would soon grow impossible, with the dark spirit grasping every measure of his soul. He could only hope in silence for some peace to be restored.

Messages In This Thread
Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Kri - 12-12-2012, 05:30 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Kri - 12-13-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-14-2012, 02:30 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Kri - 12-21-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: Ever Changing Tides [Kri] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 03:18 PM