the Rift

Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Lost or lonely? Faelene had gently inquired. Phae had to quite literally bite her tongue, drawing blood, to keep from shrieking: Both! Thanks to you! Damn you! But her head hung lower, and the enraged pain which etched through her green gaze would thankfully go unnoticed. Who had hurt you Tolio asked. At this however, she did raise her gaze. First, it was cast upon Faelene, immediately taking in her image and branding it upon her mind to consider later. Then, she turned to Tolio, her eyes beginning to brim with large crocodile tears. Who had hurt her? Why you did. With everything you just said to this...this...! Finishing the thought her mind was desperately trying to unravel she said one word. One solemn word, which had the potential to change the dynamic between this odd trio, "Leander." she spoke softly, but with great force.

Phae again raised her muzzle to look into Tolio's gaze, which has hardened with anger considerably. She felt that odd yearning sensation deep within her belly as she held his stare. What in the world are you doing here, you sneaky little minx He asked. Lip quivering, she shook her head slightly; wavy sandy mane falling in front of her eyes which were now thoroughly welled-up with tears. She spread her wings wide, ignoring the sharp pain which shot through them completely, so that both could see the extent of the damage Leander had done. He had caused an ice-storm to rain down upon her, and her only means of protection was to shield herself with her wings. As the now-white feathers spread apart as they fully extended, the exposed skin appeared to be raw and bloody where it had not fully healed. Many feathers had been torn off as well, and left gaping holes in the pristine white ledge. Phaedra looked deeply into Tolio's eyes, searching. Did he truly feel anything for her? Or was it all just words? Foolishly, and anticipating the reaction it would cause, she stepped towards Tolio and rested her head against his chest, listening to his heart beat. Softly, so that only he could hear, she whispered, "Brother, you said you would protect me..."

Phae had to pull herself away from Tolio's warmth, although she wished to stay pressed beside him, for as long as she could. The heated feeling in her belly had grown into her legs and chest, and began to cause a deep blush on her cheeks as well. She could feel her heart pounding - racing - as she looked into his eyes. Holding his gaze, she raised her wings even higher as if saying see what you've let happen to me..? Her tears stained his cinnamon coat a deep mahogany, where she had pressed up against him.

When her mind regained composure, and could once again consider Faelene, Phaedra stepped back a full step, distancing herself noticeably from Tolio. She looked at Faelene, as if seeing her for the first time, and shot an accusatory look to Tolio. Phaedra did not know the feeling that she felt, when looking at Faelene was jealousy but she surely knew how it felt. This is HER doing her mind hissed. Leander was her love, was he not? Did he not yell at Phae, for even mentioning Faelene? Even though Phaedra said she had the mare's best interest at heart? Phae had already considered that Faelene may be behind this this, may have encouraged Leander, but she had never before considered that Tolio might have been involved as well. Yet were they not here celebrating? Did Phae not apparently interrupt some private moment, perhaps more intimate that the ones that she and Tolio had shared? As Phae looked back and forth between Tolio and Faelene, her breathing became ragged.

Rage, regret, and shock seemed to swell and completely drown the yearning feeling that she had been feeling towards Tolio. The line between love and hate was a very fine one, and the line, for Phaedra, was blurring rapidly. They did this her mind cooed. They don't want you!

Phaedra retreated another step, then another. It was all too much. How could she not see it before? The first time she met Tolio, he mentioned Faelene....Faelene, who Phaedra always believed would somehow be second to her. But here they were - Tolio and Faelene together, and Phaedra brutally attacked by Faelene's other love interest. How selfish could the mare be? She had already turned both stallions against her. Was The Grey her ultimate game plan? Is that why Tolio had said he couldn't leave without Faelene?!

I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Faelene - 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Tolio - 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Phaedra - 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Faelene - 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM