the Rift

Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

Faelene let out a light hearted chuckle at his playfulness, earning a bump to his shoulder. Nibbling her forelock gently in return. Winking at her, summoning all his dramatic charm to keep that beautiful smile on her face. "Exactly, hun. Nobody can!" He didn't mind poking fun at himself, he was comfortable with it. Even as she shied away from his searching, he was reassured by the fact she trusted him to notice if she was really hurt. Remembering the wounds she'd had when they'd first met made the same broiling anger he was about to experience roil in his belly. Even then, before they had come to this point in their friendship, Tolio had been concerned and protective of her. She'd carried it well, never once letting herself seem weak. He had deeply respected her ever since.

Musings were brought to an end as Phaedra appeared.

At his angered question Phaedra's eyes rose to Faelene, then turned to him. Leander, she spoke. Tolio faltered, unable to understand. He didn't know Leander's ties to Faelene, and wondered why Phaedra firstly had cast such a poisonous look at his dear friend. Secondly, why would Leander attack her? He knew of the man, it was hard not to in the Basin where the Throat was the lowest of scum. From what he'd heard he was not a bad person, and he was a pegasus too was he not? Why would he ever hurt Phaedra? Especially if she was in the Grey? These logical thoughts fought tooth and nail against the rage and desire for revenge he felt. Silvery eyes never able to hide his emotions, conflicted in anger and confusion. But even as he tried to joke with her she only bowed her head, tears filling the eyes he was so accustomed to seeing twinkling with laughter and play. Instead she spread her wings as if to accentuate her wounds, and Tolio winced, pain coming over his face as well as guilt. Simply unable to help it. She stepped closer, her cheek against his breast, and silver eyes turned glassy and a little panicked. What could he do? He couldn't make a joke and have her laugh to make the pain go away. Shoulders sagging under the weight of the words she spoke, agonized by the fact he hadn't been there to protect her. "P-Phae...I didn't know...I-I would have, I swear!" Muzzle trailing after her, begging her not to leave even as she withdrew.

Her tears hurt him, made him want to spear his chest with his own horn and take his heart out to lay at her feet. If he didn't love her so dearly he would see how she was manipulating him, but he was too distraught. Taking on all the guilt that didn't belong on his shoulders. Her eyes go to Faelene, and then shoot back to him with the same withering accusation from before. Tolio is so hurt by it he takes a step away, glassy confused eyes turning for childish guidance towards Faelene. Had he done something wrong?

Phaedra is retreating now, and Tolio steps after her. "Phae please, I know I should have been there...it's not Faelene's fault, don't push this on her. I-I'm so sorry..." A few tears slipping from his eyes even as he subconsciously protected Faelene from Phaedra's silent accusations. No longer feeling strong and angry, instead small and hurt.

Messages In This Thread
Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Faelene - 12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Tolio - 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Phaedra - 12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Faelene - 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Tolio - 12-12-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Phaedra - 12-12-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Faelene - 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Tolio - 12-13-2012, 10:34 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Phaedra - 12-17-2012, 02:22 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Faelene - 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM
RE: Lonely Glow [Tolio\Open] - by Tolio - 12-19-2012, 12:30 AM