the Rift

I am lost, without you

Jaydan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[The song he's singing is David Guetta - Without You translated to his native tongue of Drow.]

Usstan h'ros nez, Usstan h'ros lgos
Usstan orn neitar nez nindol nibele
Xuileb dos, xuileb dos

Usstan tlun noamuth, Usstan tlun ist'a
Usstan orn neitar tlu l' toha
Xuileb dos, xuileb dos

Wind steals away the song as Jaydan turns on steady wings in a directionless pattern. Below, the red land of the Dragon's Throat twists and turns as the thermals wheel the blue gelding further and further away from the earth.

Usstan wo naut z'haan, Usstan wo naut tiu
Usstan orn neitar morfeth ol a
Xuileb dos, xuileb dos

Usstan h'ros v'dre, Usstan h'ros malar
Jal Usstan ssrig'luin zhah dos lu' Usstan
Xuileb dos, xuileb.... Dos!

Limbs kick over clouds and feathers whine in the atmosphere as the morose song lilts higher and higher while his heart sinks deeper and deeper. Nearly vertical now, Jaydan stretches out and climbs the heavens.

Usstan h'ros tanook nin, nindol h'ros tlu ditronw
Usstan h'ros plynn uss mzild sleepless isto
Xuileb dos, xuileb dos

Usstan wo naut soar, Usstan wo naut z'orr
Ka dos phuul naut ghil F'sarn paralyzed
Xuileb dos, xuileb dos

Cold begins to press like a tight kiss against the pale knight. Eyes flutter against the barrage of ice particles but still his wings flex and pull across the air. He climbs ever higher - maybe up here he will break a threshold and cross between the mortal planes to find the evergreen pasture where Luin roams now. Just, higher! Distraught, his song continues, the tone nearly a scream of desperation as hooves claw desperately to shear away the veil between sky and land, heaven and earth.

Usstan h'ros lor, F'sarn ji naut'kyn
Noamuth ussta xukuth, Usstan noamuth ussta shar
Xuileb dos XULIEB... DOS!

The muscles seize and the joints lock. The cold has stolen all the warmth and ice coats the tips of unpreened feathers, burning the skin beneath. Jaydan shrieks and his body begins to plummet. It is not the chaos of the fall, frame spinning while wings grapple for purchase and legs buck subconsciously - it is the failure to breech the walls that tears the mouth of the gelding into such a horrific chasm of grief. His song closes with tears caressing his cheeks, whipped away by the cold wind like a slap against his muzzle. Mane and tail flutter in a frenzy against his tummulting body, but he is still now.

As he falls he watches the door to heaven recede from his grasp. He can get there another way though.

His wings stop fighting. His legs grow still. His breaths become short and shallow as eyes dare to flutter shut. He would rather not witness his own death, it will be hard enough to feel it...

Messages In This Thread
I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 06-27-2012, 12:41 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-08-2012, 02:10 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-12-2012, 06:37 AM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Onni - 07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Jaydan - 07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Cassiopeia - 07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: I am lost, without you - by Ázzuen - 07-25-2012, 09:04 PM