the Rift

The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud
 Myrddin</style>

I find such knowledge unfathomable, as it is ever-growing, ever succeeding… But perhaps I could someday obtain it as you’ve done

In his day, the job of the young was to listen, to observe and understand their surroundings. Now, here was the youngling rambling on as if she even knew anything about the world. Well, we'll shall see..."Knowledge is not ever-growing. The world is as it is, there is a fixed truth to everything. The only thing that changes, Chernobyl, is our understanding of it." He snorted, his word not unkind towards the mare. "Wise are those who are knowledge seekers, and understand the depth of that which they do not know. Trust those who search for knowledge, but be skeptical of those who say they have found it."

His tail flicked as he finished speaking, his mind briefly flickering to thoughts of Chester, the would-be cat. He was the only inhabitant of Helovia he had met so far with his philosophical bearings in order - and yet everyone thought him mad. Surely that's where I'm headed Myr thought dismally, turning back to Chernobyl. If this was the state of the youth these days, if this sort of chatter was considered wisdom and knowledge, then his place here would be obsolete. Unless...

If the Gods would have it, I should repeat each mistake until they are satisfied in my suffering. Though, all banter aside, I only wonder if you would be willingly to teach me...to mentor me to become as wise as you, to become a Haruspex

With effort, Myrddin ignored her self-depricating quip to the God's. Had she even met any of the God's? And yet she would blindly put her life in their hands? What did she care of their satisfaction? The young... He thought with frustration. Believing in idols they had not even met! But even so, the mare had said the very words he was waiting to hear: to become a Haruspex. Myrddin would not give up an opportunity to teach. He nodded, swiftly and deftly. "Your first task, shall be to answer a riddle. This will allow me to judge your cognitive skills in areas in which you are unfamiliar - Your reasoning will be just as important as your answer. Come by tomorrow, at midday, and we shall begin."

[OOC: Hooray. I'll make a new thread, because I think we have one other disciple :P Good luck. There really will be a riddle :P]

Messages In This Thread
The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Chernobyl - 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Myrddin - 12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Chernobyl - 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Myrddin - 12-17-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Chernobyl - 12-18-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Myrddin - 12-23-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Chernobyl - 12-27-2012, 02:27 AM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Myrddin - 12-30-2012, 01:08 PM
RE: The Gauntlet [MYRDDIN] - by Chernobyl - 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM