the Rift

Take Your Coat at the Door [Sohalia]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Was this what accomplishment felt like?

Rowan paused as she thought over this. Sohalia, in the Throat, where Rowan could delight in her friendly company every day? Having encouraged her to try and join? Yes. She was sure this was accomplishment. And some profound happiness that made her giddy as a love struck filly in spring. Ironically it was almost on the mark if she were actually in love. Oh no, Rowan. Don't go there. A bright, if shy, smile had decorated her chocolate visage the entire trip. Perhaps she could not hold herself aloft in the skies like her pearl painted friend, but Rowan appreciated her not flying. Platinum blonde hair fell over oceanic eyes, bright and colored as if sunlight was striking summer waters deep with secrets just as the sea did. The amount of time it took to get to the Dragon's Throat was of no consequence to the tiny little woman.

A friend. She had a friend. It made her seem withdrawn, unlikable to say it in such a way. Perhaps delusional to be so ecstatic over it. Rowan did not care if anyone thought or said such a thing about her. Life was dark, foggy. Often the young girl felt as though she were stumbling through life. Trying to find a purpose, who she was. Sohalia made her smile. Made the burden lighten up from her shoulders. Rowan had never really had friends before, even as a filly. Depressing but it only made the sweetness of this day even greater. Delighted irises sought out Sohalia. "I hope I'm not boring you, I can be rather quiet. I'm afraid I'm not used to having others around to talk to." Unashamed to admit this to her precious new sister in arms. If loneliness was a battle. At least Sohalia wasn't overly loud or outgoing. Rowan was skittish around such persons, unless they questioned her strength. Small but packed a punch. The desert was blooming before her eyes and she had never found the sight of it more welcoming. Now, she was not returning with grief laden mind. No, this time she arrived with a companion. Someone to run to when dark nights kept her awake with pained thoughts. Someone to keep her in the borders, help her find happiness and meaning again. For extending her friendship towards Rowan, the made would do anything in return for Sohalia.

Never underestimate the power of a smile and a kind word. These two things, given to her in the form of the winged fae, had completely transformed Rowan's outlook on the world.

Messages In This Thread
Take Your Coat at the Door [Sohalia] - by Rowan - 12-12-2012, 11:55 PM