the Rift

i had a rosepetal bed i had the sun on my skin (open)

Nasicaä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Nasicaä

((the cold and crackling breath of fantasy))

Dawns cold haze infected the air with an invigorating sense of energy, pulled into aching lungs with an eager whirr, each expelled breath relinquishing a corona of gilded mist that lingered momentarily about her head. Though each breath of the frigid air brought her waking mind a greater level of clarity, the atmosphere was equally heavy, a smothering that hush hovered possessively as a drowsy reminder to the season past - the naked glare of branches that had yet to bud, chilled winds still occasionally beating the morning mist against her. All things beneath the sun knew that the cold grasp was soon to entirely fade, however.

Morning birds began their distant song, passionately celebrating the unknown joys of their mates to be, with even greater fervency arguing with their neighbors. Cardinal and crow. The heartbroken red of dawn still fended off the shadows that simmered in the folds and corners of the forest - the traveler took care to angle away from them, not knowing what hostilities may make their homes in this new land.

The ambling canter of cloven hooves was swung wide in sanguine assurance, dark platforms alighting to pebble and moss with a careless clatter, and the mare feeling quite confident in her solitude. Rosy eyes mimicked the dawn in the way that they were partially concealed; the fractured pink sky by the brooding cover of clouds - her eyes, hooded by heavy lashes in complacent reverie. The troubles of her raped and pillage homelands were behind, a distant and unsalvagable memory. It was easier to exist in this dreamlike state of the now than to acknowledge an old dream as it tried to resurface.

She was reminded so much of it by the damp chill on the wind, though. Black plumed appendage of her tail brushed against a tree in tender affection, a passing and false warmth, for the rough bark was a cold reminder that this was far from home. A heavy sigh heaved from her lungs, sending a warmer billow of air to fade into the brightening light. She plodded stoically onward.

Messages In This Thread
i had a rosepetal bed i had the sun on my skin (open) - by Nasicaä - 12-14-2012, 02:15 AM