the Rift

i had a rosepetal bed i had the sun on my skin (open)

Nasicaä Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Nasicaä

((the cold and crackling breath of fantasy))

"The throat? The throat of what?" an internal chuckle was left unuttered, but the neutrality of her face softened somewhat, the specter of a smile curling faintly at lips edges. She naturally assumed that it wasn't an actual creature, but with all the magic in the land, one could never really tell. The mental laughter petered away slightly following his own smile, noticing the harsh gleam of fangs in the cold light, the defining mark for a multitude of unfriendly beast. But the mare had seen enough of the world to know that fangs did not necessarily make the monster.

But the fleshy curtain of his lips fell over them again, he having some notion of the rejection that gleam might have instilled. No such negative emotions shrouded her thoughts. Fear? No, only a further blossoming of her inherent curiosity. An intrigue that only grew further as she sensed his perturbance, a sudden discomfort that flickered across his face, fallen contours highlighted by cool beams of sunlight. The glassy fragment of a tear flashed for a tragic moment before falling into shadow; her eyes followed the descent to finally notice the pattern scratched in the ground - but it was too hastily brushed away. Her gaze made the slow journey upward, the faint furrowing of concern knitted upon her invisible brow.

The sable dame knew no such notions as crocodile tears. Though aged beyond the dangerous but liberating innocence of youth, the compassionate mindset with which she viewed the world had yet to fully mature, mostly rejecting ideas such as personal safety or preservation in light of knowledge, or the lending of a helpful hoof. Needless to say that she’d probably never reach that maturity – whether it was the source of her own early demise, or the pains it caused remained ignored as she aged. It was not the worst fate in her mind, she’d rather offer comfort in a risky situation than withdraw completely. A hoof was lifted were it hovered; neck stretched forward, its inquisitive slant increased as she prepared to come nearer. Movements halted completely at the familiar thud of wings, drumming against the air. The hoven hoof returned to the ground, a fearsome stamp punctuated by fury. She danced aside with a swaying shuffle to face the newcomer directly, vocal chords echoing throatily with a muted whinny.

Neck swayed in loose elasticity, horn elegantly inscribing an unspoken warning into the air – vengeance roiled with magmatic intensity in her veins; otherwise visible only as the flaring of nostrils, the serpentine roiling of her tail and its many strands. It was a natural reaction, an accumulation of reactions and emotions that had been quite reasonable in the past. Punishing the child for the sins of the parent, or rather, the individual for the sins of other members of the species was not the way of her kind though. The absence of hostility in his demeanor did not warrant such action on her part; the mare swallowed hard in a brief wave of self-consciousness. Chin finally flicked proudly upward; manes dark coils billowing for a wild moment, then settling haphazardly about the tapering length of her face. Hair askew, a nod was forcibly spared to the pegasus.

Her gaze was redirected to the tiger horse."I fear no tangible thing, regardless of the appearance; my worry lies in its motivations." Low tones communicated her musing coolly, the soft answer offered reassuringly for the striped one, and also as a partial retribution for herself regarding the defensive reflex. She tried to distract herself with the names and titles he had spoken, none of which she knew of course. Her face returned to its prior neutrality, but with a final unwinding of her tail, she forced the release of habitual tensions.

Messages In This Thread
i had a rosepetal bed i had the sun on my skin (open) - by Nasicaä - 12-14-2012, 02:15 AM
RE: i had a rosepetal bed i had the sun on my skin (open) - by Nasicaä - 12-16-2012, 11:35 PM