the Rift

Rebel Souls, Deserters They Call [Kri/Open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

"I am surprised your kin have not bothered to come for you," I say, my voice ruggedly gentle, a dichotomy of sensations in the spoken words. I figured that Elizabeth would not take well to pity, and as such, I kept whatever estranged feeling of it at bay, guarding it from the visible expression of my face as I made my way slowly toward her side. My movements were defensive, smooth, fluid, much like wind gave birth to the muscles ripping beneath an expanse of chocolate brown. However, I was not such an ethereal presence in reality. My life was not born out of such a carefee element, and my personality and strong heart reflected that.

Throw my body on the rocks, break every bone, spill every last drop of my crimson blood - it was all worth it to protect any of those who I loved.

I am a warrior, born to protect those who cannot aid themselves. However, unlike this damsel who walks around absent of her body, living carelessly in the confines of her mind, I was not built to cause needless destruction. I had learned to fight to guard, not to wreak havoc. While I was very deft in the art of battle, never had I slain an opponent. No such violence was necessary in war when those would kneel before you in exhaustion before that killing blow. There was no need for a permanent end when you could simply break your opponent's will into defeat. Looking at the silver eyes of the mare a few paces to my left, I had no idea whether or not she understood this kind of battle. The sort of madness that would plague a murderer was unknown to me, even though our muscular bodies would deem us so similar otherwise.

Sometimes, it pays to be the gentler of the two battered soldiers, for you are left with less regrets and ghosts crawling around in your skull. "Maybe, I should have targeted someone they favored more," a grin forms on my face, humor sprouting in the most unlikely place. It was half in gest, but I was beginning to wonder if I would keep this girl as my prisoner forever.
""

Messages In This Thread
Rebel Souls, Deserters They Call [Kri/Open] - by Elizabeth - 12-14-2012, 10:29 PM
RE: Rebel Souls, Deserters They Call [Kri/Open] - by Kri - 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Rebel Souls, Deserters They Call [Kri/Open] - by Elizabeth - 12-15-2012, 07:37 PM