the Rift

[phaedra, open] the sound of a breaking heart

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

TOR
a mare who is forever wandering, bound by nothing but her mind

The affects of the drugs Tor had come to call moonshine was finally beginning to wear off. No longer did the earth spin and glow in toxic greens and yellows and indigos bright- instead it settled down, the trees anchoring their roots into the earth. Tor had actually, in a strange way, enjoyed the fungi inducing hallucinations, if not for the difficulty of speaking coherently and not sounding crazy. Even now, the healer was still missing a step here and there, co-ordination skewed by the last dregs of moonshine present in her tall body.

Tor's large, soft brown eyes narrowed as the sun hit her face like a physical slap. It rose in all its glory this morning, sending off brilliant rays through the storm-cloud sky. Spring rains. Surely enough the rain would begin soon, falling in sheets and pouring down in rivers and streams, not dripping placidly. Even though the sky was downcast in its garb of soft, mutinous gray, there was a touch or a snap of gold here and there, embroidering it with neat stitches.

Lace. What she... obsessed with him? No, she couldn't be. If she was really obsessed, she would be stalking him. See- I'm walking away from the Edge, not towards it. The mare stumbled, before dragging herself up from the lush carpet of green grass. Closer to the river banks, the world was slippery with mud, but she stayed well away from the treacherous brown liquid that would suck you down under. What could I do to win Lace's love? Maybe... no, she didn't know! He hadn't said why, really, only that he wanted to get to know her better. I can save Mirage. The idea was so ludicrous she had to give herself a laugh. Then the mare's features stilled. I can save Mirage! Yes, that was perfect! She would win respect at least, and it was an act of kindness! Mirage needed her to help when no-one else could give it!

"That's what I'll do!" Tor cried out, still acting a touch stranger than usual. After all, a normal Tor certainly wouldn't begin yelling in the middle of a meadow all alone.

"."

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
[phaedra, open] the sound of a breaking heart - by Tor - 12-16-2012, 11:11 AM