the Rift

Alight my heart (Tor)

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

It was a quiet day, the sweet silence that set a mind wandering, relaxed and confident there were no predators near to come quick and attack faster. The air tasted of spring- the snow was long gone from the field at the top of the world round and incredibly wide and vast. Wet earth clung gritty to her feet, but Tor didn't mind, welcoming the small annoyances of the wetter variety that came with the changing of seasons. The ground emitted a light heat that warmed the hooves a touch, the sun soaking into the draft's bones.

And as the tension seeped from her body, her thoughts went twisting through narrow paths, wide corridors, through forests of thoughts and meadows of memories. Here, Lei the Shaman was teaching her, laughing and smiling with her apprentice, there her father was nudging her to her small round feet with a warm smile, and over by that road her family stood waiting for her patiently, ears pricked and their tails twisting in the breeze. And right at the edges of conscious, as always, was the handsome Lace, the one she missed and the one she loved, the one who did not love her back.

But as she went down the roads, he faded to a flicker, visiting her mother was a sad smile of simply missing her, and her little sister nudging her playfully. "Why aren't you here now?" Did her siblings even remember her? Do they miss me? Was Nanook watching her, or was Lei dancing in the stars like the youthful mare she had once been?

Underlying everything in her lonely wanderings was sorrow and regret. For telling Lace of her love, for making these alliances, for breaking her own heart and cutting it into confetti to throw to the winds. She should move on- it had now been at least a week since talking to him in the secret grove shrouded by thick trees.

"I shouldn't love him. It doesn't make sense." Tor's voice gave a slight crack, and her eyes closed remorsefully. It was only then did she notice a shadow flickering in the sunlight, and her brown eyes went upwards to a pegasus soaring. He blocked the light, but there was the faint scent of what she recognized as Midas around him, and she called to him with a welcoming voice she most especially reserved for friends. "Midas!" Maybe he could help her figure out what to do about The Lace Problem.

WE ONLY EXIST IN TERMS OF THIS CONFLICT
In the zone where black and white clash

Resurgere | Wroth
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-16-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Tor - 12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Tor - 12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Tor - 12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-22-2012, 12:05 PM