the Rift

Alight my heart (Tor)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
He hadn’t known Tor for more than their formal visit near the ocean of his homeland. She had seemed content to offer valuable intel, and happy to visit an old friend. Something seemed different from then and now; Midas siphoned gaze over her frame with kind and quiet concern. Having absent knowledge past revealed facts, he read physical appearance only and took quick note of worry lines that had begun to etch their way along her gentle features.

Yet, his draft company wore a pleasant smile when ebony split in greeting. She came close and responded to him with laughter and a friendly tone that might be better suited had they had been childhood companions, "Midas, when did you find that beautiful bird?" His first thought was to respond with an inner question directed at self, “When was the last time a lady had laughed in his presence?”

It seemed like much time was spent in formal conversation, “I found Fina as an egg during the last few weeks of Frostfall, in this very meadow,” fond gentleness slipped between normally tenured vocals. Muzzle twisted to better see his silent phoenix; she was watching Tor with a steady gaze that lacked the bite it first held—possibly because Tor possessed a naturally soothing tone that had calming effects upon young babes.

Their minds had not yet touched, but already Midas loved his little hatching with a strong fierceness that only fatherhood could match. His spirit seemed irreversibly tied to the creamy orange riding uptop, “She hatched a week ago,” he added with a sigh, not bothering to hide a twinge of pride that happened forth.

She surprised him by openly asking, "Ah, Midas. Can I unload a few burdens of worry with you from my shoulders? So much has happened lately...” apparently something had happened for a maiden he had met only once to desire confiding in one not of blood relation. Midas regarded her with respect and understanding, “Of course, burdens shouldn’t be carried alone—what weights your heart?”
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-16-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Tor - 12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Tor - 12-18-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-18-2012, 07:55 PM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Tor - 12-21-2012, 10:22 AM
RE: Alight my heart (Tor) - by Midas - 12-22-2012, 12:05 PM