the Rift

You will be the death of me [Leander]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

Blond hairs shifted in the dull moon rays as he nodded in understanding. It was good to hear that she was wary of the snake. Who in their right mind wouldn't be? The Bazilisk was a traitor, not he himself, as Kri's General would have the herd think. Looking fondly across Faelene's dark hide, he was reminded that the black troop leader had been the one who had hurt her in battle. He ground his teeth at the thought. Bastard. A part of him wanted to run back across the sands and tear the ignorant fool's throat out. At least it would give him some satisfaction. For now, he would have to do with the support of his friends, and Faelene's most of all. Drawing a step closer to the fae, he raised his crown and stared out across the rolling waves. He could not hold his pain back from her any longer. "I am no longer Sultan of the Throat. Kri's temper was too much for me to try and reason with. She would not consider anything I had to say; she rules by her own whims. For all the loyalty I gave them, I received nothing. And they call me a traitor." In the cover of darkness, a few hot tears slid out from ivory ringed eyes and down golden cheeks. He turned his head away from her, not wanting to let her see. There was no shame in his heart, just disappointment and shock. And hope, underneath all of the pain.

Her velvet lips touched his cheek, a comfort despite how difficult their relationship was. Pointed limbs shifted to press his face into the soft of her own neck. The faint wetness of his tears would likely dampen her skin, even if she couldn't see him cry. He grimaced at the knowledge, hoping she would not think him weak. It did not seem like something Faelene would judge him as flawed for. It was almost as though she saw no faults within him, despite the fact that he had been a part of the group who had forced her from her home. How could she be so open hearted? Maybe she deserved the title of LionHeart more than he.

His shadowed love continued, her voice explaining that the eagle she had met was but a spirit. Ember had managed to catch herself a crab by the shore, and was happily cracking away at its tough shell. For the moment, he was glad that they shared no thoughts or language. It would be too painful for the young bird to learn of her mother's death. The will of the Gods, she said. At that, the golden lion had to fight from pinning his ears flat to his skull. The only God he had encountered with the Sun God, and if any of the other deities were are moronic, he felt no need to give them his prayers. "Thank you for telling me. I am glad Ember's mother is at peace now." He replied softly, ignoring the irritation he felt at her mention of the God's will.

The warmth of her body pressed closer to him, the stroke of her touch running down his neck. A sigh escaped his lips at the comfort, letting his eyes close in hopes for the moment not to end. It was something he often did, when they had the chance to be so close. But the silence was broken by her sweet voice, and gold eyes flashed back to the shifting tide. How could he answer such a question? Surely, she must want to hear him say that it was her that he loved more than anything. But would it be true for him to tell her so? Thoughts of Aitheria, Svetlana, Lynx, Ember, all flashed through his mind. They had all been there for him in his time of need, to give him strength when everything else seemed to want him to crumble. Turning his gentle gaze back down to her silver, he answered. "I would be wrong to place any of my loves above the other, though each love is unique in its own way. I love my friends, who stood with me in the face of great adversity. I love Ember, she has filled a part of my soul. And I love you, Faelene."

[ooc: I wasn't quite sure if Faelene asked him what he loved the most out loud, or if that was just a thought (it was in quotations but not colored xD). If she was just thinking that, let me know and I will edit this! <3]

Messages In This Thread