the Rift

Lessons [God of the Moon]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
Two days after my fateful meeting, I climbed the mountain to the heavens, in hopes that they would open up and reveal to me their secrets.

The trek began at twilight, a slow meandering venture up the side of the mountain, past hazy clouds and dried thistle, over rock and around boulder. The excitement that encompassed my entire being was electric, nearly overwhelming, and so I forced myself to move slowly and maintain my calm, filling my thoughts with memories of the past rather than anticipation of my future. I thought back to my birth, those dim recollections of the dam I never knew whispering my name before rising back into the heavens, her pale form becoming one with the silver moon. The love I felt for the dam I did know, for my parents who may not have birthed me, but loved me as their own. Growing up alongside my brothers; the birth of my sister; and ever, the call of the Moon. I smiled nostalgically. I would be learning from her soon, the Moon, my Lady and mother. A deep shudder of eager longing.

Focus, Rishima.

The cusp of the field was reached, and I stepped over it gracefully, careful not to trip in the dark veil of night. Above me, the moon rose, radiant and full, larger and closer than I had ever seen it. Her light washed across the meadow, bouncing off gently flowing brook and lighting upon now-closed flowers, reflecting in my onyx eyes and playing with my pale hair. I ventured further across the butte, gaze downcast and heart thundering. Finally, in too much time and none at all, I found my way to the spring that bubbled in the land's center. It was time.

"Milady, I have come, as you instructed." Voice rang out confidently in the silence, dark and rich as my own moon-slashed hide. Tiara turned upward, peering longingly towards my new mentor, willing her to appear once more.

Messages In This Thread
Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
RE: Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 07-15-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM