the Rift

Lessons [God of the Moon]

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks
The darkness suddenly materialized into a thin mist the color of iris, beams of silver moonlight dancing within it and nearly capturing me in the mesmerizing gleam. The chill of the mist kissed my hide like so many needles, too gentle to sting but clearly there. Hair rose upon my spine, an electric current running through my body, but I forced myself to remain still, despite the anticipation that tore through my soul like a great bolt of lightning. All of my searching, my endless pursuit of knowledge, seemed to be coming to a head. Tonight I would begin my journey down the road of darkness, and I would be led by a beautiful, silver light.

The mist swirled before me, growing almost physical, and she appeared, my Lady. She nodded, and greeted me, but before my mind could form a response, something became visible at the corner of my eye. I swung my head around, midnight gaze growing wide at the site of my Lady, again, and again. She had multiplied, yet all were identical, and I took it all in with fascinated curiosity, breath catching in my throat. Words pierced my right ear, and I swung my head around to focus on the Lady who now spoke. Keen ears absorbed her words, mind processing them, eyes focused. This time, when she vanished, I was far better prepared. As the Moon grew, I watched in awe at the way she could completely change her form. Based on her words, I knew that what I was seeing was illusion; yet I could not but wonder if she had in fact changed her physical structure, becoming something she was not, so great was the lie that darkness painted.

She strode forward, pulling me out of my trance. Despite her size, her voice was soft as the whisper of the wind. As she strode forward, giant hooves threatening to crush me, I stood my ground. Do not mistake me - the desire to flee was present within my mind, but it was easily overwhelmed by my trust in the goddess. Still, as she landed behind me, I could feel the tension dropping out of my shoulders, loosening my muscles.

I turned to face her, now back to a natural size. A million questions burned within my chest - how much of what I had seen was real? What happened to the physical body, during the illusion? If I touched her, would she be naught but mist? How could I learn? - but I bit them back, waiting for her to finish speaking. At last, I could hold my curiosity in no longer; I tilted my head, bright wonder in my eyes. "How does one fool the senses, lady? Sight is unreliable, but what of smell, of hearing? What of touch?"

"Milady, I have come, as you instructed."

Messages In This Thread
Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
RE: Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
RE: Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 07-15-2012, 06:05 PM
RE: Lessons [God of the Moon] - by Rishima - 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM