the Rift

Love and some verses [Questing/Open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

I am surprised that it does not take longer to arrive at our destination. I suppose I imagine Helovia to be larger, or perhaps I am just so used to flying that I assume that walking will take much longer. Or perhaps it is that I am walking with such good company, as I am finding Phaedra to be. We do not talk about deep subjects, such as those that Rowan and I shared, but there is not a lull in the conversation. It seems to come easier to her now, this random selection of topics, and I am grateful, for a conversationalist I am not. Or at least I didn't think I was. I continue to surprise myself, and it is with this in mind that I can feel a new confidence beginning to bud in my chest. Phaedra seems giddy, and the feeling rubs off, and I cavort beside her playfully, my long ivory locks tumbling in waves as I half rear, toss my head, then fall into an easy trot beside her, a smile on my face.

"Why, darling, I thought that's what we were after!" I respond to her teasing comment, a laugh bubbling easily to my lips. It is coming easier now, this carefree allowance for my true self to show through. And I fear less, here. Am I braver, or is Helovia less intimidating? I am not sure, but I do not take the time to ponder the question. Not here, not now. I might be meeting my match any moment, and I wouldn't want to be caught napping! I look around me, taking in a sea of sand and a dot of green. That must be our destination, that little splash of emerald. A shape moves, separates from the lush oasis. It's a rather dark little blur, not quite enough to be black, but still enough to stand out against the pale golden sand. And it's moving toward us - someone to welcome us, I assume. Who would it be? Would it be my destined lover? Had he seen me acting like a fool a few moments ago? I lift my wings slightly, a nervous motion, shaking them to settle the feathers before pulling them against my body again. I want to hope for the best, of course, but what if I'm disappointed?

No. Phaedra would not have brought me here if the stallion in question were not worth my time. And this might not even be him. As he nears, I look him over with interest, trying not to be too obvious about it. He's got a nice build, strong, but not too much bigger than I, fitting for my rather petite frame. His pelt is a dull bay color, marked on his neck by creamy lines. He holds his wings as I do, folded along his body, which is, of course, the norm for we Pegasi. I wish that we could all go flying - I love to fly, after all - but I ought not leave poor Phaedra on the ground, and as she is the matchmaker, it wouldn't be fitting to leave her. Besides, if he's the one, there will be time - Stop that, I tell myself firmly. You don't know this stallion or if he's the one. Calm down. Don't let your mind run away with you, girl. He stops before us, greeting first Phaedra - he knows her, does that mean he is the one? - no, stop! - and then smiles at me and simply says hello. There is something adorable in the ease with which he greets me, and I instantly feel a smile on my maw. "Hello," I return, suddenly a bit shy. My eyes drop, another sign of shyness, and then flit back to his, unwittingly a flirtatious motion. But I don't notice my actions. Will he?

"talk talk talk"

I want to live inspired

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Love and some verses [Questing/Open] - by Phaedra - 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Love and some verses [Questing/Open] - by Sohalia - 12-18-2012, 12:16 AM