the Rift

Love and some verses [Questing/Open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
[Image: sohtable.png]

SOHALIA

We are silent, for a time, but when I hear him laugh, my own tones float free, an appealing, tinkling bell sound that has not graced my lobes in far too long. I don't remember the last time I felt so free, or so alive; I carried death with me, and this soaring, heart-full-to-bursting feeling was so alien, and yet I reveled in it, soaking it in, holding fast to it in case I ever found myself alone. I would look back on this moment with a smile, close my eyes and remember the warmth of the sun on my brilliant white and his shining brown, such an opposing pair and yet so drawn together. I would remember the gentle brush of his wingtips, the awestruck look in his eyes, the appreciative chuckle - how long has it been since he has laughed, I wonder?

I close my eyes, and for a moment, I fly blind, envisioning our life as I might have as a young fae, giggling with my friends. But this time, in the place of the empty silhouette stands my knight, battle-scarred and wondrous. Bi-colored orbs open, and find him, and a smile springs unbidden to my lips. I watch him rise, floating effortlessly above me, executing his own perfect roll before settling in, lowering his maw to my ear. His breath is warm, and tickles slightly, but I do not pull away. No, I will never pull away.

His touch is gentle, a light push that turns my head in each direction. He describes the landmarks to me, first the Dragon's Blood, an emerald patch in a sea of golden sand. And then again, my cheek remains pressed to his as he directs the pair of us. The Fire of the Diviner, ever-burning in its glory. I shiver, my own recollection of the Sun God awe-inspiring. I am glad that he is the patron god of this land, the one that I have elected to serve. He points out the beach, and I shift; my cheek leaves his, and I turn my head, playfully bumping his chin with my nose. "I'll race you to the beach," I offer, a teasing glint in my eyes. "First one there... well, I suppose the winner can pick their own prize!"

I don't wait for a response; instead, I give a powerful thrust of my wings and hurtle forward. I love speed, and it is what my petite bodice was meant for. Each new stroke of my wings propels me onward. I dare not chance a glance over my shoulder, for I know that will slow me, and I want desperately to win, though I can't say I know what I should claim as my prize. I am quickly approaching the beach now, a silver streak in the sky, and as I arrive over the sands, I turn south, away from the stones. This is my favorite part: I fold my wings tight to my body, and I drop. For a moment, I've forgotten that Note will probably worry himself sick over my rapid descent; I've forgotten everything but the ground, rushing up to meet me.

I don't know how fast I am going, but everything has become a blur. The wind whips through my mane and tail, sending them out behind me like a banner. Timing is everything in a dive; wait too late, and you risk death, but pull up too soon, and you kill the buzz. It makes things too easy. And now: I flare my wings, and the wind buffets them, strains them, threatens to break them. But they are stronger than they look, and they hold, allowing me to coast into a canter as my hooves hit the ground. I slow myself, tossing my head, the adrenaline still rushing through my veins. My path takes me in a half circle, and I raise my head to look for my beloved.

"talk talk talk"

I want to live inspired

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Love and some verses [Questing/Open] - by Phaedra - 12-17-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Love and some verses [Questing/Open] - by Sohalia - 12-29-2012, 03:10 AM