the Rift

After the Storm [Open!]

Thayne Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

T H A Y N E
Let’s Walk Through the Fire Together, Disappear in the Golden Sands

Thayne listened as Tolio politely answered his question, as if he was excited to answer the inquiry. Taking in the information that the Unicorn revealed, he fell into a contemplative silence, pondering the new knowledge he had learned. So, they were in the land Helovia, where different herds resided in the land… It was strange, quite unlike Sliccic, but it wasn’t entirely unpleasant. The Dragon’s Throat, Foothills, and the Edge all sounded interesting to the stallion’s ears, but none of them caught his attention quite like this Basin that Tolio spoke of. It supposedly housed a group of racist Unicorns… How peculiar. It clicked in his mind then, however, that it was that very group who Avira thought Tolio was associated with.

“I see,” Thayne answered at last with a grateful smile, “It’s all so new and different from my home, I can’t imagine how big Helovia must be. Thank you for telling me, Tolio.” The Warlander felt something shift in the air the moment that Tolio turned his attention to Avira, inquiring if he could do anything to help. Idly the dappled-stallion wondered what the Pegasus would do in return… Yet the moment seemed to pass as whatever differences the two had seemed to slide, the tension disappearing as Avira spoke to Tolio in a much softer tone than she had after arriving.

Patiently he waited to hear the mare’s verdict, and then exhaled roughly when she spoke of infection. Of course, he would have that luck… Mentally he cursed the low bastard who had wounded him. Not wanting Avira to feel bad for not being able to heal him, Thayne smiled in a reassuring way. “Don’t feel bad, Miss Avira… It’s quite alright. I’m sure I’ll be fine, once we find a healer. I’m grateful enough for the hospitality you both have showed me. I did not mean to become a burden…” Of course, leaving would mean him getting to his feet, which would be quite a challenge in itself. Shifting once more, he made a move to stand, which perhaps wasn’t the best decision he had made. When he moved his leg and placed pressure upon it, the limb trembled violently and sent sharp pricks of pain through his nerves, and Thayne gave a hiss of pain under his breath before settling once more upon the ground. Accursed thing…

’And I am Tor.’

The sudden voice was so unexpected that Thayne’s head snapped to the side, ears perking forward to listen for any form of threat. His nostrils flared, inhaling the new scent that came from the figure that walked through the brush of the Threshold. The mare, for her voice was sweet and peaceful, was a draft, built quite similar like himself, but did not seem to intend to harm them. The way that she moved was lithe, as if she knew how to accurately use the cumbersome body she was born with… Thayne wondered briefly how she had learned to move with such divine grace, as he himself (with his bulking form) could never master the art of stealth.

“Madam,” he said in greeting, feeling somewhat foolish that he could not rise to greet her. Honestly, he felt horrible that he couldn’t have greeted Tolio or Avira in a standing fashion, as that was custom in Sliccic.

Spring green eyes watched as the mare drew closer, pressing her soft muzzle to Avira to gently push her aside. Tor had called the Pegasus ‘apprentice’, so surely they knew one another… It was on the end of that thought that the draft mare seemed to focus on his wound, calculating the depth and cause of such an atrocity. If she asked, he would tell her, even though the details of how he had received such a wound were shameful. Just then, the strangest feeling overcame him, a soft tingling sensation that began from the unsavory wound upon his forearm and spread out, encompassing the limb in a warm kind of embrace. It was strange, and curiously Thayne looked from his leg to the mare who called herself ‘Tor’, slightly tilting his head. So, was this what Avira meant when she spoke of not housing healing magic? It was remarkable…

When Thayne looked back to his leg, the wound had vanished, disappearing as simply as if it had never been there at all. Experimentally, the Warlander flexed the muscles in his leg, and to his surprise felt nothing. No pain, no pull of a half-healed muscles, nothing. And it was glorious. Slowly and steadily he pushed himself to his feet, taking a step back as not to crowd those who were gathered around him. There was no pain when he moved, and he was pleased to know that he could once more put his full weight upon the appendage. Turning his great head back to Tor, he smiled gratefully, and then gave a small dip of his head in a respective bow.

“I thank you for your kindness, Madam…” He said, and then turned his gaze to both Tolio and Avira, “And to you, Sir Tolio, and you as well, Miss Avira. I fear that I can’t repay you for the kindness you have shown me; a simple stranger. I’m in your debt.”

[OOC: I'm sorry if this post seemed to drag on for everyone else... I just felt like so much happened to Thayne in the last few posts that I needed to get it all summed up. XD]

[Image: ThayneResized_zps139f09ab.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
After the Storm [Open!] - by Thayne - 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Tolio - 12-18-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Avira - 12-19-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Thayne - 12-19-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Tolio - 12-19-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Avira - 12-20-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Tor - 12-20-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Thayne - 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Tolio - 12-20-2012, 05:55 PM
RE: After the Storm [Open!] - by Avira - 12-23-2012, 01:59 AM