the Rift

Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

One specific place.

Her request, no, the situation, may be odd, but he is at ease. He frowns slightly, not out of unhappiness, but out of thoughtfulness. Did he have a special place, back home? He supposed he could describe the city, the castle, but that was rather large and difficult, with many different aspects. And he could, perhaps, speak of one of the smaller citadels, some of the lords that had been friends of the family, whose keeps he knew as well as his own. He could even describe specific rooms to her, rooms that when he closed his eyes, he could still picture them in perfect detail. Unlike Rowan, this gift was one of years of seeing the same things over and over, and he knew that it would fade over time.

But still, none of these are special. And then it comes to him.

"My land was organized into citadels," he begins, needing to tell her of the hierarchy. "My home city was the capital, home to the royal family. The location of my family's domain was very specific. Throughout the realm, there were many areas that my people called 'godswoods.' You see, my people harbor a very strong belief in the gods. The godswoods are areas, sometimes small, sometimes vast, that are populated with massive, multi-colored trees. The red, for example, was a tree of the Sun, the blue a tree of the Water, and so on and so forth. In each godswood, there is only ever one tree of each color, but not every color appears at every godswood.

"The largest godswood stood not far from our castle,"
he continued, not pausing to think that buildings might be a foreign concept here. "There were countless trees there, all of different colors. We were situated on the coast, in the furthest southeastern corner of the realm, and in the woods just west of us, there it was. The colors... you could see them from above, stretching at least a mile in every direction from its center. Even we did not know all of their names. But the real beauty was not from above, it was from below. Imagine, walking through a forest, covered in a kaleidoscope of dapples. All different colors playing across your pelt, casting shadows in the most brilliant hues you can imagine. And the trunks of the great Trees, they were the most wonderful of all. You see, the trunks grew in such a way that they appeared to have faces, both beautiful and terrible at the same time. We believed that they were the faces of the gods."

He pauses, lost in remembering. "No two faces were the same in a godswood, and yet... the same faces appeared on the same trees in each godswood. Perhaps the gods themselves carved their likenesses into the trees... but we cannot be sure about that." A wry smile crosses his maw. "The major citadels were built to be near the godswoods, of which there were twelve. I haven't seen anything like them in any realm between Helovia and Thor'qui."

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Rowan - 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM
RE: Solving the Rubix Cube | Quilyan, Open - by Quilyan - 02-03-2013, 08:22 PM