the Rift

May I Wait On You, Master? [Open, Faelene?]

Athena2 Posts: 48
Dragon's Throat Pupil
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1hh :: 4 Years 8 Months
Adoptable

Correct me if I'm wrong; You're fragile and you're strong- a beautiful and perfect combination</style>

Servitude.

Athena was intelligent, knew she could not waltz into the Basin and ask to live there until the end of Birdsong. Hornless, and with the wings at her tail the only ones to show she was a Pegasus at all, she would be attacked or cast out within moments. Even killed if it came down to it. So she had to find a way to get in without walking straight into the lion's den. Which is exactly what she was doing. The only thing she could think of was to swear loyalty to a unicorn, hopefully one that was not too cruel, and become their slave until the end of Birdsong. However even that she may have to lie about, for they probably wouldn't want someone with eyes and ears on the inside getting away. Mouths turned loose around slaves after all.

So Athena would have to escape, in the end. Unless she found someone who was somewhat in the Plague, or not at all if her luck went well. Healing the racism would be extremely hard from the position she would have, as she would likely be unable to speak to many people. Either way, Athena was not about to give up on this quest.

Moon Goddess, I swore to pray to you whenever I could. I do this now. Have faith in me, I will do this. Maybe in the end I will discover what it is you wish for me to learn. Hazel eyes that had briefly closed in prayer to her patron opened once again. It was freezing here, completely opposite of the Throat, and Athena was left shivering and small in the snow. Glancing about for anyone of the Basin. Feeling as if she should be waving about a sign, shouting "Free slave! Come get your free, willing slave!" Snorting cynically, she was a bit shocked at her thoughts. Normally she was entirely patient, but she couldn't help but feel queasy about racism and the Basin. She was scared, but she knew she couldn't allow that emotion to influence her on her mission. Until the end of Birdsong and the end of her quest, fear would have to completely disappear from her range of emotions.

Credit

Messages In This Thread
May I Wait On You, Master? [Open, Faelene?] - by Athena2 - 12-19-2012, 08:27 PM