the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Why do we dream if our thoughts mean nothing? Dreams speak in a deeply symbolic language.

What roused Ophelia first was the smell of soft, fresh, green grass, more real than the beating of her own heart. She opened her eyes carefully, taking in her surroundings with an ethereal familiarity. Ophelia had been here before, she was sure. (Right?) However, some of the scenery had been altered slightly. The roaring of the ocean in the distance could not be heard from where she was laying in the grass, and the sky overhead seemed even more endless, but she did not have to squint when looking into the sunlight that seemed almost softer.

The shade of the tree whose heavy leaden boughs danced over her made where she rested rather cool, and she inhaled deeply, relaxing in the sanctity of her own isolation. Deep, red roses began to grow in a circle around her, dotting the green landscape with crimson that matched the ends of her pristine white hair. She wondered why the roses decided to grow around her so beautifully, but she did not question the wonder. Instead, she gathered her cloven hooves beneath her and lifted her frame.

Red roses followed in her wake, sprouting forth from the ground with every weightless step she took. The salty smell of the ocean was not followed by the roaring still. Carefully, she stood in the shadow of a tree, roses sprouting and then staying still, quivering as she spied a stranger on the beach, an interloper in her sanctuary. Like a doe eyeing a predator, she stared at the white and black stallion with her dual colored eyes that were void of any visible sign of recognition. One hoof moved forward toward the stranger, nostrils quivering to catch his scent from the sea, but he held none. The air around him did not shift in her direction, and like a ghost, he did not possess of corporeal presence here.

Icy blue eyes met her own, and she froze, heart racing in her chest. Something about that gaze shook the very core of her being, rattling against a white, bright cage that struggled to contain a flood of memories. Something about that gaze made her remember things which were forgotten, things that were stolen. The familiarity was disturbing, and she knew that she should run. Run away from remembering. She had a purpose. There was a reason. In an instant, her limbs spun her body around, and she leaped forward, disappearing into trees. Too quickly, she drifted beyond forests and a pool of water that was golden instead of red. What was the reason?

"I should not know you," she whispered into the silent wind that moved past her fur soundlessly.

The trees gave way to white, thick snow, and still, the roses followed, leaving a crimson trail. A dark mouth of a cave beckoned her softly, and she slid into the icy darkness, spinning around to face the entrance. Her breath was white, but she did not feel the cold. Roses, feeling the beat of her frantic heart sprouted wildly, covering the entire floor in blood. She waited, wondering if he would find her, if he would follow.

"I cannot know you."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 12-20-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM