the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was sure that this stallion was invented by her mind to tantalize her senses and give her an opportunity that she would otherwise not have in reality. She was not the type to stare at well built males or be so openly buoyant with her thoughts, but here, in her dreams, she could be everything she was not and everything she wanted to be. However, some habits, traits so integral to her character, did not fade, even in her most wild fantasies. Emotions and feelings etched clearly and kindly on her features, words of comfort flowing freely from her mouth. An attempt to soothe a fear of being forgotten traveled as a promise, and she would never forget him, not now. Even in her own dreams, Ophelia was at the mercy of her memories, unable to forget details which most woke up not even knowing they dreamed. A promise to remember was a promise she could keep, in full. Moments after, she watched as his eyes turned to gold, though that hardly seemed a concern to the strange stallion.

Words from his lips drifted into her tulip ears like an after thought to what her eyes were seeing. The golden pool was being drained of its vibrance and beauty slowly but steadily, hardening from a liquid state into something hard and much less appealing. Golden eyes grew ever more bright and alive, though the lack of pupil gave him an ethereal look. Every ounce of beauty and awe the pool once possessed now resided in his orbs, and they glistened to strangely. She watched him with furrowed brows, concerned that he would change; Ophelia rather enjoyed his presence the way he was, and she was resistant to such change.

He gazed into the darkened distance of the cave, and she reluctantly tore her eyes away to try and explore what he was seeing. Nothing. Nothing was there, and yet he was speaking to the unknown "it" in an absent manner. Dual colored eyes snapped back to his figure, his voice murmuring in a delicate whisper, as if their entire world hung in the balance of this seemingly simple question. Monsters and the raging horror around them faded to dull hum in the background, focus on the stallion who was seeping a golden breath of life from scars on his body. The healed skin cracked open like a tender egg, shining into the darkness of the cave, but she wanted to seal those wounds, to let him keep the brightness to warm his soul. Ophelia was powerless, her figure only able to fall right through his despite her aching desire to press her lips to his scars and close the wounds.

As if hoping beyond a hope, the white mare moved forward, cloven hooves barely making a sound on the rocky floor. She stood as close to him as she dared, not wanting to ruin his solidity with her own reality. "I am dreaming of you," she murmured in reply, a sudden chill rattling against her fur. The white hairs along her body puffed, and she shivered. No cool breeze or bitter wind moved through the still cave; the sensation was coming from the other side. "I fell asleep against the side of a mountain in the Frostbreath Steppe, and I must be dreaming. Never have they been so real..." she hummed thoughtfully, attempting a comforting smile. "Why?" she asked curiously. "Are you real? Are you not conjured by my mind?" The question was almost humorous. He had to be invented by her thoughts, perhaps a resurrection of a forgotten memory. For this to be anything else...

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 01-01-2013, 04:10 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM