the Rift

Sick of Shit. [Leander? Open]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The lady spoke, words harder than he might have expected. Even in her apparent turmoil, she had vigor once again. His smile softened on his lips as she continued. She was alright, despite whatever Faelene's group put her through. That was what mattered, for now. He still could not push away the stark knowledge that the Unicorns had taken one who had not even pushed them from their home. Svetlana became Chieftess after the battle. Why had they chosen her to be a captive? Did they really think that taking her from the Foothill's would gain them anything but enemies? Bronze orbs pulled off of Svetlana as they grew icy, casting across the rays of light falling on the sands. Her words were a comfort, but there was no changing the fact that he had failed her in his own eyes.

A grin pulled back on his velvets as she spoke of her loyalty to him, though the confusion across his face was evident. It was the second time a friend had pledged their loyalty to him, and not to Kri. It was becoming an even more pleasant occurrence, the more his resentment for the Sultana grew. His happiness was quickly washed away as the StormChaser continued, making him aware of her loss. Ashen ears turned back in anger, and his gaze lingered hard on her pitch eyes. "I am sorry, Svetlana. You are more suited to rule, in my eyes, than any colt. I am honored that you have such faith in me, and I promise to uphold that faith as best I can." He said, words strong and purposeful. "But I must tell you that things are not well here in the Throat. Kri is not the leader I thought her to be. If things do not change, I may leave the Throat myself and give up the title of Sultan." Pain flashed across his visage as he spoke. "I cannot lead alongside someone who is ruled by their temper. We have lost our Artisan to the Basin, and her anger pushed him away. I will not be a part of tyranny. I care for the Throat, but I cannot be her partner if she cannot keep her emotions in check." Leander's voice rang softly as he explained, the knowledge for his friend's ears only. He would give her his friendship and allegiance as long as she wanted it, no matter what his title would become.

Messages In This Thread
Sick of Shit. [Leander? Open] - by Svetlana - 12-20-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Sick of Shit. [Leander? Open] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 02:18 PM
RE: Sick of Shit. [Leander? Open] - by Svetlana - 12-21-2012, 03:21 PM