the Rift

a dance with dragons, rishima

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

He is not proud of his victory, the little Prince, and I wonder why he doesn't bask in the triumph he has achieved- but I suppose he does not seem like one to bask, this youth. Ink is contemplative and quiet, as always, and seems intent on listening rather than participating through his unique form of conversation. I wonder what goes on beneath his moist pelt, what thoughts swim in that young yet imaginative mind, but perhaps I shall never know. In truth the child is still something of a stranger to me. I have toyed with the idea of asking if I might investigate his soul, but the thought of using my magic seems like a cheat, in a way. He deserves the time it would take for personal relationships to form.

Jackal is bitter, and in the sharpness of his tone I see a fleeting glimpse of the motives that led him to seek leadership so young. There is a strength behind those sliver eyes, I decide, something I can almost relate to - forced to grow too young, to age too quickly. Or perhaps I am projecting myself onto this snowflake child. I return his rueful smile, softness in my eyes; it's true, we've seen nothing of the leaders who took Paladin's mantle, but that doesn't mean they've caused offense. Poor child, left to pick up the pieces left scattered by his elders.

Not child, I kick myself. Stallion.

Smoke's ashy form drifts into our midst, and I am happy to see the mare I would call friend. She seems familiar with Jackal, mentioning heritage; curiously I turn to her. What relationship do these two have, then? She could be an aunt, maybe, although they don't look alike... I itch to ask, but do not. Instead I let Smoke validate Jackal's concerns about his co-leaders disinterest in social bonds, nickering a soft dismissal of her apologetic gaze. Honestly, the help is welcome. I do so loathe authority.

Dark and accented words weave through us, gentle amusement tinted in some amount of strength. "As far as I'm aware, we have had no reason to put aside our alliance with the Foothills." I straighten, and grow more serious, black eyes taking in the spotted colt. "I am grateful you came, though, Jackal." Sincerity, but no elaboration. The words speak for themselves.

Blankly I remember that I still haven't told him my name. I always forget, and it doesn't seem like a good time to bring it up now. I should probably introduce Ink, too. Fuck, but I'm not good at this talking business.

[ ooc || I suck x.x Sorry ]

Messages In This Thread
a dance with dragons, rishima - by Jackal2 - 12-21-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Rishima - 12-22-2012, 05:01 AM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Ink - 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Rishima - 01-03-2013, 03:02 AM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Ink - 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Smoke - 01-11-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Rishima - 01-23-2013, 02:04 AM