the Rift

Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

While her night of fun had soothed her troubled mind, it could not erase her pain. In the morning, she had awoken tired and sore, and while she was surrounded by others, she felt more alone than she did the day standing with Tolio and Faelene on the beach. Her heart ached painfully, part of it telling her to apologize, to both of them even, anything to have Tolio by her side again. The other part of her wanted to lash out at both of them - her anger had been misplaced towards Faelene at first, but by the end of their encounter, the dark mare certainly deserved her anger. And Tolio? The dark part of her mind, the part which had asked the God of the Earth for a companion, told her to hate him. He could have stopped her. He could have asked you to stay. Her mind coldly reminded her. I'll never fall in love again, she thought bitterly. It was a momentary weakness on her part, and she would not fall victim to its snares.

I come seeking the Grey.

Her deep green gaze narrowed as her mind registered the owner of those words. Leander. She had held so much hate and resentment towards him, for the pain he had caused her and the days he had forced her to walk so as not to damage her healing-flesh. But in light of recent events, she would take all the storms he could muster, if it would subdue the pain in her heart. Stepping lightly through the forest, for she now knew it well, she moved before him almost silently. Her normally tawny wings had turned a stunning pure white, and contrasted her deep sooty coat, prettily. Her sandy mane was still a sea of waves and curls from the humidity of the ocean the day before, and now fell loosely around her shoulders. She regarded the stallion calmly, her eyes betraying nothing; she felt as though she had used up every once of happiness she had cavorting drunkenly the night before. Now in the aftermath of all of that, she simply felt calm, and still.

"Leander." She said, her voice soft and certain. She wasn't sure whether he was still possessed by the demon, but regardless, she did not fear him. It's amazing how the disparity of heart-break can overcome your reality so quickly.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Rafe - 12-21-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Lakota - 12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Ophelia - 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM