the Rift

Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phaedra's neutral demeanour broke briefly with frustration at the appearance of another pegasus, one who apparently knew Leander. Leander. Don't join this band. Phaedra rolled her eyes. Was she the only one here who didn't automatically think that Leander was here to join them? But even moreso, she thought the words of this new arrival were shallow and shortsighted. You deserve to be a leader as we both have been. For now, is it not better to wait and see where life's path takes us?. Phae narrowed her green gaze, forcing the hostility out of her voice as she spoke; she would not display such rash and unprovoked emotion in front of Ophelia, who so far, was the only one who believed in her: "True leaders, can lead without a title. Even in a band like this." Phae retorted, her voice slightly icy. Who was this mare anyways? Leander had come to their forest, seeking them. This was not just some free-for-all for every mare who had a say in Leander's life to get up on their soap box. She cast her green gaze to Leander, openly. She did not believe that a title, or The Grey's lack of formal herd-ness would stop him from joining them, they simply weren't what he needed.

As she listened to Leander speak, she could only be grateful that Ophelia had indeed come out of the shadows. If Leander wanted to talk about Intelligence, that was Ophelia's division, Phae was merely a spy. If he requested any of her services, Ophelia would tell her so - she had no more to do here. Besides, the presence of the violet dun was disturbing; her beauty rivalled Phae's own - possibly outshining her, for Phae was enchanting in a common sort of way, whereas this mare's varnish seemed other-worldly. That, and she was starting to think she was some power hungry idiot. At least Leander was taking time to think about things - this mare seemed to have left with Leander, but was all too quick to want to jump back into the thick of things.

Flicking her sandy tail, she gracefully moved towards Leander, arching her neck ever so slightly. Tossing her head to remove her wavy forelock, to better hold his golden gaze with her green. "Maybe someday we will meet again Leander. And maybe talk, and not just speak." She said somewhat cryptically, her voice soft and enticing. As she past him she paused briefly, resisting the urge to touch as his side with her longest flight feather, as was her trade mark move, this was still business after all. "Without such an audience, hm?" She whispered softly, before striding out of the forest.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Rafe - 12-21-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Lakota - 12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Ophelia - 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM