the Rift

Bitterness [Open/Kri]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

Engineer. I hazard a look toward the pile of metal that moves on its own, roaming around in the sunlight almost sentiently. I had never seen such a contraption move on its own, as if it had a heart pumping blood and offering energy to the entire body. A fascinating creature, if it could be called so, but I felt that it was likely more of a creation. Assuming this to be true, then the black stallion in front of me, rough beard and a rougher voice, was likely the creator. The machine was hardly simple like the pieces I had scene, and surely this brute held more knowledge than the wolf which followed him with dead, red eyes portrayed. I look from it, back toward the face of the stranger, my face flat and my mood even more so.

His question was fair enough, though I could do without the suspicion at the moment. My ear flicks back as I consider why I am interested in it. I had never seen such a thing as this, and I suppose that would be the main reason for my interest. However, I was fairly certain that there was some underlying motive that made me approach and speak to him, this engineer. "I am Kri, Leader of the Dragon's Throat behind me," I say, my voice rather lackluster and dull in comparison to the passion that usually backed my every uttered syllable. At least at the moment. After the fall out with Leander and the challenge by Svetlana, I was questioning even that basic fact. Did I even really deserve to be leader? Did my family even desire to keep me as head of their herd? I shuddered to think I had risked my life all for naught, but I guess when I returned that I would ask them myself.

If I was truly unfit, I would know then.

For now, I have to go on the assumption that I am still Leader. That I still decide what occurs within my home and what does not. The building of the wall would continue, eventually, when the great ass of a snake was replaced. "Tell me, engineer," I ask, my voice talking on a cunning light. "Would you be interested in designing a gateway for me?" His qualifications obvious from the moving wolf which followed him seamlessly. "You would not be expected or required to stay in my home, though you may if you wish. I can offer protection and payment in return for your services."
""

Messages In This Thread
Bitterness [Open/Kri] - by Ulrik - 12-21-2012, 10:45 PM
RE: Bitterness [Open/Kri] - by Kri - 12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
RE: Bitterness [Open/Kri] - by Ulrik - 01-02-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Bitterness [Open/Kri] - by Kri - 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM