the Rift

Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open]

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz

The older stallion recalls something - silky sands and salty ocean breezes. Jackal smiles, nodding slowly to his words, "Paladin the Valiant," he remembers soundlessly, the sea's deafening roar dancing in his ears. He led the Moonlit Tides when Jackal was a babe, a thrall to his parents, squealing at his dam's tit for nourishment. The memories threaten to drown the King of Thieves, and he thrashes and flails for air. "My father was your healer, when the Tides was under your ward," he says, voice thick with the vibrant recollections of his youth - a snatch of kind silver eyes, a pulsating blue rune; the call of his mother's dragon, the softness of her voice. He shakes his head, driving those memories away; they are cherished dearly, but have no place in the heart of a leader.

The Valiant seeks a home within his borders, his words gentle. "Of course you may reside with us," the red dun says, eyeing the scars and imperfections of his dark hide - will he become that way, tattered and ruined and proud? He gives the older stallion an elated look that spread from his wide warm eyes and down to to his grin. "We are proud to receive you, Valiant," may you spin fables within our borders.

Their meeting is interrupted when a grey equine mare arrives, and the bronze dragon resting on his back announces her arrival with a squack. Jackal cannot remember a name, but he has seen her often. He bestows her with a gentle nod, smiling silver eyes dancing across her dappled hide. She clings to him, shying from the stranger before them, but she is unafraid. "Abdullah," he says merrily, winking at her playfully. "This is Paladin the Valiant - a living legend." The appaloosa angles himself toward the sprawling green plain. "The border is no place for conversing friends," Jackal decides, beginning the march toward the Foothills' heart, wondering vaguely if Paladin knows the whereabouts of his parents.

Jackal feels as if he is living another life.
thewhitestdogalive @ flickr

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Abdullah - 12-23-2012, 01:10 AM
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Jackal2 - 12-23-2012, 10:38 AM
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Abdullah - 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM