the Rift

Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open]

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz

There is a flicker of sadness behind the old warrior's eyes; the face of unbearable burden, guilt beyond his years. Jackal finds his heart wrenching at the Valiant's blame and shakes his head softly at the regret in the elder dun's voice. "It's not your fault," he says, low and consoling. What could Paladin do but save his family - it is an unfair charge upon such a gallant man. Lips curl into a smile, small and amicable. They told him to run in the most frantic of voices; he almost could not recognize them. The child had been born in a time of peace underneath the shade of a palm, and his first days had seen peace and happiness. Jackal shifts, the smile slipping into a grim line. He ran with their commands echoing in his head, driven by the frenzy of blood and their frantic voices rising above the din. "No one could do anything," he adds absently, an afterthought, bitterness dancing in his eyes like so many shades.

Paladin's voice breaks the bedlam of his anamnesis, and a grateful grin breaks the solemn cast of his face. "It's a pleasure to receive you," he declares, watching with approval as Adbullah graciously receives the warrior's compliment.

As they begin to walk, Jackal cannot help but trace the scars on the black's body. If his own dusty skin is like a nebula of spots and scars, the Valiant's is like a whole universe, dark and deep. His mane is lopped off, with a feeble crest of red-fringed white growing in. Ktulu resembles her sire greatly, although her mane is not tipped in blood, and her hide is not as tattered. The dun has fond memories of her, although he doubts she will remember him in the haze of youth. The appaloosa swings his head toward the warrior, a glint of nostalgia in his silver eyes. "Do you know how Aërwen fared?" It had been years and years since that fabled day, but he could not help but harbor some curiosity in the demise of his orange-eyed mother. His striped hooves continue on, playing the green terrain with unmatched cadence.

dierdre-t

random table change~ if the all-caps text is annoying, just tell me xP

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Abdullah - 12-23-2012, 01:10 AM
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Abdullah - 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Jackal2 - 01-05-2013, 03:36 PM