the Rift

My People! [Friends of 'lana]

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

Blathering, useless, monotone, words were spouted from the mouth of the insufferable banshee, evidently expecting the King of Thieves to be willing to linger and chat. She was sorely mistaken, as their leader did not slow down, and neither did they.

Thunder reverberated through the earth at their approach, she was a fool to think their momentum would cease just based on a mouthful of petty, empty words. What had she accomplished for the Foothills during her time as leader? The only reason she had even been appointed was because of her race - the Triumverate. It was a foolish notion, to think that any outcast could enter the herd and claim leadership simply to fill a spot. They understood the reasoning behind it, but did not appreciate all the flaws that it also contained. Flaws, it would seem, that were being chased off a cliff.

Hocks dug into the earth as deep trenches were dug, the cliffside nearly took the brothers over its edge - but they were a bit more aware of their own capabilities than that. Ears did not rise from either brother, as deadly, orange eyes watched the retreating frame of Svetlana. Snorts or steamy air erupted from their nostrils, forefeet stomped and the twins looked ready to leap over the edge just to pommel her into the ground once more. But they restrained themselves, as they saw the threat had been vanquished, they shook their crowns and ensured she was not foolish enough to return to their homeland, seeking members for her own gain. That was an act that she could do on any other turf - not theirs.

Attention of the duo swivelled to their newest leader now, taking in his build, his age, the confident way in which he holds himself. He reminded them so much of someone, of many some ones, in fact, they felt themselves be drawn in by his charisma, their loyalties in this hopeless land slowly restored. Perhaps, amidst all the shuffles of leadership their herd had seen recently, one worthy being had finally risen? Perhaps the brothers were bias, being so connected to the World's Edge that they were, they still grew annoyed at the apparent laziness and silence the new leaders had shown in confirming the alliance that existed between them. It was an act of good faith that they lingered here at all - certainly, since Paladin left, they had no more than their strong moral centres tying them to the land - or perhaps it was fear of their sister's wrath that kept them here.

Crowns dipped to the stallion, bodies turned and followed him, obedient, yet wild at the same time. Low rumbles agreed with the words he spoke, wry smiles upon their lips softening the harshness of their stare to one of shared amusement. The pull of fresh water against their skin proved strong enough to make them plunge easily into the shallows of the pond, its cool touch steaming against their warmed hides. Ever the guardians, however, their eyes did scout keenly for any who would be approaching - it would seem none would come to the call of Svetlana - did she truly have no allies within her own herd? Or had they scared her away, and any within their own ranks who might follow her? All the better to be rid of them, the brothers thought together.

"She would be a fool to allow her hooves to touch upon the Foothills again; we know this land better than she would know the skies - there is no place for her to hide within our borders." Maskan's deep, poetic tones confirmed what the King spoke, with his brother's rougher, gravelly voice adding on. "Though we have spied your face and know of your name, King of Thieves; allow us to formally introduce ourselves."Rogue, rugged grins curved their lips as each spoke their name with the nod of their crown.

"Maskan."
"Madyrn."
"Brothers to Mirage the Dragonheart and Rishima of the World's Edge. Warriors of the Foothills since the reign of Gossamer the Benevolent." Maskan's voice rounded the introduction off, hoping to ensure this stallion was under no illusions as to the weight of their modest rank. They had been here longer even than any of the leaders themselves - a feat not often made by lowly servants of the land.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
My People! [Friends of 'lana] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM
RE: My People! [Friends of 'lana] - by Jackal2 - 12-22-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: My People! [Friends of 'lana] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: My People! [Friends of 'lana] - by Jackal2 - 12-23-2012, 10:05 AM
RE: My People! [Friends of 'lana] - by Madyrn Maskan - 12-28-2012, 05:59 AM