the Rift

A Question [Romani, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My wings were closed to my flanks as I wondered; wonder over if I was really as wise as I thought; wondered if I was in over my head; wondering if Helovia was worth the trouble; wondered if it was right of me to go back for horses when none had come apart from brothers and a jackal; where my Nayati was. It bothered me, I not seeing her. It bothered me, being driven off.

Everything was a fucked-up mess.

Nothing was as it should be.

Fuck the world and fuck Jackal and Evers and Archibald and fuck Kri.

How, exactly, was I going to go around collecting horses and getting a new homeland when I had just... removed... ostracized... myself from two of them? I couldn't exactly go to the Basin for help. It bothered me, like a needle in my wings. Hadn't I been destined for something bigger than this miserable life? Something glorious? But it seems I wasn't.

I kicked at a root as I passed through the dark forest, deep inside my glory-lacking life. Even thought it was high day, the forest remained dark with an emanant chill coming off the twisted trees and the crisp forest floor. The shadows were deep and massive, an abyss to some dark underworld- only the faintest shafts of color-lacking light slipped through the black trees.

My thoughts wandered back to Kri; and Azzunen; to Jackal; and the brothers. My stomach dropped. Kri and Jackal had kicked me out like a crying dog. But wasn't I doing the right thing? Kri was, according to Leander, basically a fluffed-up asshole. Jackal. Well, as far as I was concerned, he was a young upstart who didn't know about the pressures of leading. It bothered me, bothered me so much.

I sighed quietly, fluffing up my wings. Had Romani watched me being chased off? And what the hell was I doing, going around pissing off all the herds? Maybe if I found a common enemy to take on with them, a certain threat; the Basin, perhaps? It might work. Go to each herd. Find some common ground. Ask to help lead the charge.

Yes, but Kri was Kri the Resolute. Surely she wouldn't change her mind. And she had the most warriors, I think, the largest herd of us all. Great.

""

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
A Question [Romani, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 08:59 PM
RE: A Question [Romani, Open] - by Romani - 12-22-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: A Question [Romani, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: A Question [Romani, Open] - by Romani - 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM